Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
For more information on Equal Employment Opportunity, please follow these links:
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Provision
The Operations Technologist provides technical support to the drilling and completion engineering staff. Develops an understanding of drilling and completions operations, expenses, capital budgets, and reporting used to analyze and track performance. Contributes to process improvements that result in better data quality and efficient data collection. Desires to use analytic and problem-solving skills to find unique, scalable solutions for the team. Works under general supervision.
High school diploma or equivalent; Associate degree in applicable field is preferred.
• Ensure daily data quality for assigned rigs and/or frac crews, including interfacing with field leadership on data entry.
• Collaborate with engineers, managers, and peers to develop visualizations, reports, and tools to streamline workflows.
• Responsible for gathering, compiling, and transforming data to fulfill ad-hoc engineering requests.
• Provides user support for software systems and data entry for field and engineering teams.
• Works with team on new data capture requirements and exception error creation to ensure data quality.
• Assists in historical data cleanup in database systems.
• Communicates data errors or programmatic issues to the appropriate team and follow up on the resolution.
• Practice safe work habits at all times
• Demonstrate commitment to Devon’s Values
• Intermediate level computer skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Commitment to inclusion and diversity
• Great attention to detail
• Experience with data visualization tools, such as PowerBI and/or TIBCO Spotfire, is a plus.
• Basic understanding of a programming language is a plus
Devon Energy is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Devon Talent Acquisition Team at Diversity@dvn.com.
To apply for this job please visit careers.devonenergy.com.