The Trainer will be essential in planning and executing training requirements for the Bitumen Production (BP) team. In this role, you will give new and existing employees the knowledge and tools they need to run a safe and productive operating facility. You will utilize your expertise to ensure that operations personnel are trained and qualified consistently across all operational teams.
- Training Program Development:
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to identify training needs and develop comprehensive training programs for process operators
- Design instructional materials, including training manuals, presentations, handouts, and visual aids, to facilitate effective learning
- Utilize various instructional techniques and delivery methods, such as classroom training, hands-on simulations, e-learning modules, and on-the-job training, to cater to diverse learning styles
- Training Delivery:
- Conduct engaging and interactive training sessions for process operators, ensuring the effective transfer of knowledge and skills
- Facilitate hands-on training activities, practical demonstrations, and equipment operation exercises to reinforce learning
- Use training equipment, software tools, and simulators to provide realistic training experiences and promote understanding of complex processes
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment, encouraging trainee participation and addressing questions and concerns effectively
- Performance Evaluation:
- Develop and administer assessments, tests, and practical evaluations to measure trainees’ comprehension and proficiency
- Provide constructive feedback and coaching to individuals or groups, identifying areas for improvement and offering guidance for further development
- Monitor trainee progress throughout the training program and identify additional training needs or adjustments to enhance learning outcomes
- Training Program Enhancement:
- Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of training programs and materials, gathering feedback from trainees, supervisors, and stakeholders
- Identify opportunities for improvement and enhancement of training content, methods, or delivery techniques
- Stay updated with industry trends, best practices, and regulatory requirements related to process operations to ensure training materials remain current and relevant
- Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of training activities, attendance, and trainee performance
- Generate reports on training metrics, program effectiveness, and trainee progress for management review
- Prepare training-related documentation, including training schedules, outlines, and training materials, for distribution and archival purposes
- Maintain Post Qualification by working alongside Operations in the field as required
- Working across multiple value streams to provide support throughout the Business Unit
- Job location: Horizon Oil Sands – Fort McMurray, Alberta
- Shift schedule: 7 days on, 7 days off with rotation starting on Tuesday
- Eligible for relocation pursuant to Canadian Natural’s Relocation Regular Policy
- Company sponsored Fly-in/Fly-out from Calgary or Edmonton
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan and benefits
- This is a safety sensitive position
Skills & Qualifications:
- Typically, 10+ years of related industry experience, with 5+ years of training experience, and Grade 12 or GED
- Commitment to being a Continuous Learner
- Experience providing formal operations training in either a professional or academic environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications. (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Experience & knowledge in the following would be an asset:
- Ore Preparation (Wet and Dry)
- Extraction (Cyclones, PSC, Thickener)
- Froth Treatment (Inclined Plate Settlers, Naptha Recovery Unit, Vapor Recovery Unit and Cyclones)
- Tailings Process and Piping Corridors
- Delta V, PI, AFT Fathom and Ideas Simulation
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: “To develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity.” We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Ltd- “Canadian Natural” is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
Application deadline is May 31, 2023. Apply now!
To apply for this job please visit cnrl.taleo.net.
Be the first to comment