Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs, planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: OPERATOR/CHEMIST
· Chemist duties such as OIW analysis, measurement of BS&W, vapor space sampling of cargo tanks, Diesel, and Pot water sampling, biociding of tanks, applying chemical injection etc.
· Maintaining cargo quality suitable for export, carrying appropriate sampling of cargo tanks and recovery of free water from tanks and subsequent overboard disposal.
· Assisting Marine Control Room Operators with loading/offloading, inert gas operations, de-bottoming tanks, venting tanks etc.
· Carry out role of Performing Authority, Isolating Authority, and administrative duties as part of control of work systems.
· Deck operations, for example, mooring operations with shuttle tanker, crude oil washing, supply boat operations.
· Preparation of Cargo and Ballast tanks for entry and inspection.
· Carrying out first line maintenance on the various marine systems in conjunction with the Marine Technicians.
· Supporting Vendor maintenance and repair work scopes.
· Maintenance of safety equipment throughout the FSU.
· Fulfil an emergency response role within one of the Installation Emergency Response Teams, for example ERT member.
· Administrative duties, raising and completing work orders, shift logs etc.
· Commitment to Incident Free Operations through completion of audits, worksite observations, area ownership, active engagement in offshore safety culture etc.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
· Experience and relevant qualifications as a process or marine operator offshore with experience in carrying out sampling and analysis.
· Will have experience as a process isolator and an understanding of utility systems.
· Previous offshore experience in FPSO/FSU operations is desirable but not essential.
· Successful candidate will need to have a flexible hands-on attitude and be expected to get involved with all marine operations on the FSU such as setting up tanks for entry, assisting deck crew with supply boat operations, loading and unloading of cargo, roles which they may have previously not been involved with.
· Good leadership and communication skills.
· IT Literate.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.