This position is for an Owners Rep Construction Manager in the Pacific Northwest for utility scale solar projects 80MW+.
- Overview and understanding of Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Agreement to ensure all contractual obligations are met.
- Communicate to management the status of project site conditions and construction progress. This includes written reports, responses to e-mail, providing requested progress metrics, evaluation of performance onsite, etc.
- Proactively identify and communicate operational and/or system issues through regular field and program inspections.
- Thoroughly understand the EPC Contractor’s policies, procedures, and site-specific plans and hold the Contractor, Subcontractors, Consultants, and Vendors accountable to the clients reviewed and accepted standards of performance.
- Evaluate operational and technical risks at each phase of construction and ensure adequate controls are established to mitigate those risks. Primary stages of construction will include mobilization, site civil, structural, electrical, testing & commissioning, and demobilization work.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing to various internal and external stakeholders.
- Establish a spirit of cooperation amongst the Contractor’s team, site EHS & Quality representatives, consultants, community members and all other relevant project stakeholders.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the Project Team with respect to matters specific to the project jurisdiction and in accord with permit requirements.
- Provide timely and accurate incident and accident reporting as required.
- STOP work if an unsafe condition is identified that puts people at serious risk of injury/illness or could negatively impact ongoing operations.
- Provide analytical and presentation support for the team’s operational excellence programs
- Associate degree or equivalent experience is required
- Construction Management Professional (CMP) certification preferred
- OSHA 30, First Aid, CPR, AED are required
- State Electrical Certification or Registration
- NFPA 70E certification is preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Project proficiency, is required
To apply for this job please visit www.spencer-ogden.com.