Are you seeking an opportunity to demonstrate and develop your Panel Operator skill set? If so, this is an incredible opportunity where you will contribute to the success of our Operations team by monitoring, adjusting, and maintaining the various processing units throughout the Primary Upgrading Area at our Horizon facility through the Distributed Control System (DCS) control panel. In this role, you will contribute to the optimization of plant production and ensure a safe work environment at all times.
- Operate a DCS control panel and monitor the units through the DCS, Delta V system
- Maintain product specifications as indicated through the daily sampling of product streams as well as keeping a log of process conditions, changes and upset conditions
- Utilize and contribute to the ongoing development and fine tuning of the Training Manuals and Operating Procedures to help you train new operators and learn all units/job classifications included in your progression
- Participate in process start-ups, shut-downs and isolations
- Troubleshoot and problem solve in an operational environment
- Participate in safety audits and safety programs and maintain a safe work environment at all times
- Location : Horizon site, Fort McMurray
- Shift schedule: 7×7 shift of days and nights that is overtime eligible and may be required in certain business needs
- Eligible for relocation pursuant to Canadian Natural’s Relocation Regular Policy
- Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out program from Edmonton and Calgary
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan and benefits
- This is a safety sensitive position
Skills & Qualifications:
- Typically 10+ years of Operations experience, with 5+ years Panel Operations experience in an upgrading, oil refining, petrochemical, gas plant or utilities environment
- Graduation from a refinery operations course an asset
- Minimum Third Class Power Engineering Certificate
- Familiarity with and understanding of:
- Delta V DCS Control System and Triconex SIS systems
- Oil Sands facility commissioning, start up, shutdown and turnaround of crude units and/or diluent recovery units, vacuum distillation unit, delayed coking units and auxiliary units
- Working in a team environment
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: “To develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity.” We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited – Canadian Natural – is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ
Application deadline is May 16, 2023. Apply now!
To apply for this job please visit cnrl.taleo.net.
Be the first to comment