Payroll Tax Analyst – Houston, TX
Location: Houston, TX
Role Duties & Responsibilties
The successful applicant would be a functional member of the Payroll team, as well as one of the leads with Payroll year-end activities and internal tax processing and remittances. The Payroll Tax Analyst will also be a liaison between Payroll and Accounting team, and with Ceridian. Specific duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Remittance of taxes for all US payrolls and all US employees on Global payroll;
- Provide recommendations resolving tax issues, and periodic review of tax structure for compliance;
- Perform ongoing analysis of the SAP HR/Payroll and Dayforce Ceridian system to ensure system configuration complies with IRS, state, local, and company requirements;
- Research and resolve all tax notices, and be a main contact for Ceridian Dayforce;
- Reconciliation of Federal and State tax remittances & GL Accounts;
- Quarterly and annual balancing of payroll records, as well as reconciliation of Dayforce to Ceridian balancing the W-2s and tax filings ensuring accuracy;
- Analyze, reconcile, audit, and report payroll tax information for an array of entities in a variety of operating areas;
- Responsible for opening new tax state accounts and closing accounts for states, local jurisdictions, etc.;
- Participate and oversee SAP and Dayforce Ceridian payroll testing during the application of new tax rates or in new states/localities/counties as required;
- Assist with Payroll Balance Sheet GL Account reconciliations and prepare Inter-company journal entries;
- Assist with audits of payroll records including SOX by various internal or external auditors;
- Develop and maintain procedure documentation for Payroll Tax Analyst position;
- Develop and maintain audit tools to be used by the Payroll Administrators for tax setup analysis;
- Provide training on tax related matters to other members of Payroll team as required;
- Maintain current knowledge of IRS and Social Security Administration regulations and taxation in the states and localities where Precision has business operations;
- Coordinate and manage tax audits by Federal, State, and Local income tax authorities and resolve any audit related issues, including preparing and maintaining supporting documentation for government audits;
- Lead year-end processing and closing.
Education & Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have 3 – 6 years’ experience with US Payroll and have 4 years of US Payroll Tax experience;
- SAP HR/Payroll, Dayforce Ceridian, and FI/CO experience preferred;
- Experience with Canadian and International payroll and taxes would be an asset.
Skills & Compentencies
- Must be very familiar with all federal and multi-state tax requirements and payroll legislation for the US;
- Excellent understanding of basic accounting and payroll related general ledger entries;
- Proficient in an MS Windows environment and possess above average Excel and data accuracy skills;
- Demonstrated ability to take a hands-on approach and to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work in a team environment with excellent organizational and communication skills; and,
- A strong orientation to detail and a willingness to learn and take additional training are required.
To apply for this job please visit career4.successfactors.com.