Are you a highly motivated, detail oriented professional? We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Performance Analyst Bitumen Production (BP) working with our Horizon Oil Sands Mining group. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for monthly accounting, forecasting, annual budgeting and analysis of operating and capital costs for the BP group at Horizon. The ideal candidate has strong analytical skills, effective communication skills and is a team player.
- Collect and report monthly business area costs, including operating, maintenance and sustaining capital (billed and accrued)
- Meet regularly with area VP and managers to review monthly costs, comparison to forecasts and budgets, and provide variance analysis
- Participate in area business meetings and provide support as requested by area management
- Prepare and present the monthly Operating Cost Report for the area, with extensive analysis on OPEX and Capital spend, compared to the forecast and budget
- Prepare and analyze monthly forecasts, annual budget, and long range plans for the area
- Investigate and report on monthly, quarterly, and annual cost variances to budget and forecast
- Work closely with the Albian BP analyst to compare incurred costs and ensure any shared costs are identified
- Liaise with the Horizon Attest, Horizon LEM’s, Accounts Payable, Payroll, and Financial Accounting on transaction processing to provide complete analysis
- Job location: Calgary, Alberta
- This position will require occasional site visits to our Horizon Oil Sands site
- Eligible for relocation pursuant to Canadian Natural’s Relocation Regular Policy
- Shift schedule: 5 days on, 2 days off (Monday to Friday)
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan and benefits
Skills & Qualifications:
- Typically 5 to 10 years of related industry experience with a university degree in Accounting, Commerce, or Business Administration
- Accounting designation is preferred
- Expertise in financial and management accounting and Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Excel; experience in E1, OI, Essbase and Maximo will be an asset
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: “To develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity.” We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited – CNRL – is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ
Application deadline is July 27, 2021. Apply now!
To apply for this job please visit cnrl.taleo.net.