Join Our Journey
Petrofac is currently looking to recruit a Permit Coordinator on a permanent basis based in GP3, UK.
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
- The correct issue, suspension and cancellation of PTWs and associated certificates.
- Authorisation and Validation of the PTW confirming that there are no conflicts with any other work activities.
- Secures isolations in lockout box.
- Revalidation of the PTW at each revalidation confirming that the work may recommence and that there are no conflicts with any other work activities.
- Ensuring correct signatures are obtained to cancel the PTW.
- Ensuring potential conflicts with other Permit controlled or routine activities are identified and discussed with the Area Authority regarding the prioritisation of work.
- Ensuring Work Permits and associated certificates and supporting documentation are present and authorised.
- Cross reference PTW(s) applicable to the isolations on the isolation certificate or Permit Reference List.
- Checking that the Work Leader is competent on the PTW system and is aware of the content and duration of the PTW, associated certificates and supporting documentation.
- Displaying Work Permits, together with the supporting certificates and documentation in the permit rack in the Permit Co-ordination Point and in a consistent arrangement so that personnel can readily see and check which activities are on-going.
- Ensuring a detailed handover takes place when responsibility is transferred to the oncoming Permit Co-ordinator at shift change and that all active Work Permits and Isolation Certificates are available for review and revalidation at shift handover.
- Ensuring any isolations are removed at the end of the job unless they are cross-referenced to other Work Permits or are transferred to Retained Isolations.
- Ensuring the correct process for sanction to temporarily de-isolate equipment is followed.
- Ensuring any inhibits are removed at the end of the job or entered into the Inhibits Register.
- Ensuring a register for the issue and return of portable gas detectors is maintained.
- Note: Permit Co-ordinators may not issue a Work Permit for work to be carried out by them but can sign onto a permit issued to another work leader.
- HNC level or equivalent and have industry recognized apprenticeship in relevant discipline
- Experience of offshore production plant operations
- Previous experience as an issuing authority would be ideal
- Experience administration, control and use of “Safe Systems of Work” (PTW) including permit to work procedures
- Experience of organising, coordinating and controlling/ monitoring work (including vendors)
Note: Interested Candidates kindly submit both CV and relevant Qualification documents and Training Certificates when applying for this role.
If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.