Sugar Land – United States
The successful candidate will work with engineers and scientists to design, develop, and sustain hardware and software relating to EM methods for earth subsurface evaluation. Tasks will include implementation of new instrumentation to increase automation for both lab and shop tests. The candidate is expected to have a Ph.D. or equivalent credential. He or she should have a strong background in the design and verification of earth subsurface sensors including transmit and receive characteristics of antennas, shielding and calibration methods, and related acquisition electronics.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide research and development solutions using principles of physics and mathematical models
- Build and test virtual and real prototype sensor systems
- Develop testing procedures,coordinate test execution, and document results
- Conduct technical reviews of design requirements, analyses, and verification test results
- Assist in commercialization tasks where applicable
- Contribute to design standards
- Create and maintain product documentation
- Make presentations to technical, management, and client audiences.as needed
- Author technical reports, papers, articles and patents
- Share expertise via internal knowledge sharing methods and special interest groups. Build informal networks throughout the organization and with customers
- Assign, direct and review the work of technicians and junior engineers. Mentor junior team members as required
- Provide training and support to customers and field representatives
- Maintain familiarity with company technology, organization and business
- Keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets; Learn new skills and practices as required to develop products that maintain Schlumberger’s technical leadership
- Participate in recruiting activities
Qualificantions and Experience:
- Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering, physics, earth sciences, or related fields preferably with thesis work related to experimental electromagnetics and/or inversion of EM remote sensing data
- Solid programming/software skills and practice of machine learning are preferred
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and communication skills
- Enthusiasm and ability to work within a team of scientists and engineers
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
To apply for this job please visit careers.slb.com.