Posting End Date: December 6, 2021
Posting will expire at 11:59 pm local time.
On January 1, 2021, Husky and Cenovus combined to form a resilient integrated energy leader. Husky is now part of the Cenovus group of companies.
One of Husky’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
Husky is currently looking for an experienced Pipeline Control Room Operator to join their Midstream Operations. This individual will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of processes, systems and associated equipment of the Husky Midstream Pipeline System. The Operations are 24 hours/365 days per year requiring the incumbent to work a rotating 12 hour shift schedule including days and nights.
This position is located in Lloydminster, AB and relocation to the area is required.
- Remotely control and operate pipeline facilities including terminals and Lease Automatic Custody Transfer (LACT) stations utilizing SCADA and Leak Detection systems
- Access and review daily production data and respond accordingly to complete volume metric balancing
- Comply with all safe work practices and procedures, regulatory and environmental requirements following the Control Room Management Plan and Husky Management systems
- Comply with Husky’s High Reliability Organization standards and expectations
- Ability to make decisions on all normal, abnormal and emergency related operating situations as required
- Work collaboratively with various stakeholders such as Operations, Maintenance and Engineering personnel from Midstream, Downstream and Upstream Operations as well as 3rd party customers
- Review and update Midstream Operations procedures and polices as required
- Act as a resource for various activities such as Management of Change, Pre-Safety Startup Reviews (PSSR’s), Customer acceptance Testing (CAT), Satellite Acceptance Testing (SAT), and developing/updating training materials.
- Minimum 3 yrs operating experience in an industrial setting such as Oil and gas, petrochemical, Refining, pulp and paper and power generation. Pipeline and or terminal operations experience is preferred.
- Minimum 1 yrs experience with computerized systems for gathering and analyzing real time data such as Human Machine Interface (HMI), Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA), Distributed control system (DCS)
- Demonstrated analytical troubleshooting skills
- Awareness of regulatory and environmental requirements
- Experience with Control Room Management Plans
- Experience with Industry Safety Management systems
Education & Professional Designations
- Candidate must possess at least one of the following certifications:
- Gas Process Operator (GPO) certificate
- Production Field Operator (PFO) certificate
- Minimum 4th Class Power Engineering certificate
- Journeyman tradesperson
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Completion of Engineering technology diploma would be an asset
- 12 hour rotational shift work schedule including working days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- This position is in a dedicated control room office setting consisting of frequent sitting and keyboarding. May also have some exposure to field related activities that may require wearing personal protective equipment, physically demanding work as well as working in various environment conditions.
- Safety Sensitive: Yes
- As this position has been identified as safety sensitive, employment of a final candidate selected for this position will be conditional upon successful completion of required pre-employment medical and alcohol/drug assessments.
- For this position you will be required to maintain a Class 5 driver’s licence, a satisfactory driving record, and adhere to the appropriate Company policies and guidelines. A Driver’s abstract will be one of the background checks requested in the Pre-employment screening for the final candidate.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, demonstrated self-motivation and willingness to accept increased operational responsibilities
- Excellent computer skills including experience and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and SAP
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and independently prioritize tasks
- High level of attention to detail
Please note that pre-employment background checks are pre-conditions to Husky employment offers and must be completed successfully before you are confirmed to start with Husky.
At Husky, we respect diversity and embrace an inclusive culture. We value uniqueness and different perspectives as they play a critical role in our success. To achieve this, individuals are selected based on qualifications, merit, and abilities and we encourage applications from everyone including visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, women, and persons with disabilities.
For information on Inclusion & Diversity at Husky, please click here.
Husky Energy is an integrated Canadian energy company headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. The Company operates Upstream and Downstream business segments, with operations in Canada, the United States, China and Indonesia.
Husky’s balanced growth strategy focuses on consistent execution, disciplined financial management and safe and reliable operations.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.huskyenergy.com.