Who are we looking for?
Reporting to the Pipeline and Bundle Discipline Manager and Design Team Lead, the engineer will have responsibility for a particular design and services required to ensure successful delivery of high-quality engineering to meet project, commercial and technical needs. The scope will include studies and tenders as well as projects.
What does the role involve?
- Provide relevant skills, integrity and knowledge in rigid subsea pipeline engineering including design codes, legislative requirements, Client specifications, and industry engineering practice
- Carry out subsea pipeline analysis using available tools and software such as Abaqus, DNV tools, Mathcad spreadsheets or similar software
- Take responsibility for production of high-quality deliverables including design reports, calculation sheets, FE analysis and engineering checks
- Provide engineering support to Tendering teams, Project teams, Field Development group and other stakeholders
- Operate within standardized engineering processes and systems in the Business Management and Knowledge Management Centre
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legislation requirements are observed
- Manage all external (clients, subcontractors) and internal interfaces
- Provide pipeline engineering support for the execution of multi-discipline projects in line with defined budget and schedule
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders such as project engineering managers, engineering departments, project personnel and supply chain management
- Participate actively in pipeline and Bundle department know-how consolidation and propose innovative solutions to reduce cost as well as risk
- Train junior and graduate engineers
What do you need to have?
- Educated to degree level or above in Civil or Mechanical Engineering
- Chartered Engineer (or equivalent) or working towards this
- Experience in pipeline in-place design and trawling analysis
- Previous experience scripting (Python / VBA) or general software development and programming is preferrable
- In-depth knowledge of subsea pipeline engineering including design codes (DNV-ST-F101, PD 8010-2), standards, recommended practice and applicable software tools
- Experienced in pipeline FEA based design and analysis using ABAQUS
- Experience of delivery of pipeline engineering, including in-place analysis (Both exposed and buried pipelines)
- Can effectively work as a team member across multiple projects and good team player
- Presents self in a professional manner appropriate to the role
- Good organisational and time management skills and be able to work to deadlines
- Demonstrate integrity and respect for others
- Ability to communicate effectively within the team and with relevant project team
To apply for this job please visit www.firstrecruitmentgroup.com.