- Vacancy information
Subsea 7 is a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services for the evolving energy industry, with over 80 nationalities across more than 30 countries. Everywhere we operate, our people are inspired to develop new ways of working and adapt to the changing energy industry.
We provide project management, engineering, and construction expertise across the full field lifecycle. These services are delivered within three operational business units: Subsea and Conventional, Life of Field, and Renewables and Heavy Lifting.
The Pipeline Installation Analysis Engineer (Level II) – Pipeline Group role incorporates the full installation process from the installation analyses preparation and delivery up to the following of offshore operation. They are responsible for delivering fit for purpose rigid pipeline installation engineering analyses on projects or tenders with a specific focus on safe and cost-effective installation operations.
All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices. Additionally, creating a culture of ethics and integrity within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to our Code of Conduct.
SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Performs detailed feasibility studies and installation analyses, considering all associated risk and ensure that all safety rules are considered for various operations such as pipe laying, riser installation, pipeline structure in line installation.
- Determines and optimises operations installation steps, laying methods determination (S-Lay, J-Lay, reeling).
- Ensure the quality of its analyses while meeting the planned deliverable date.
- Interfaces with associated subsea related disciplines and understands the interfaces within a project environment.
- Provides engineering support during operations with occasional periods offshore.
- Ensures all relevant safety objectives, client requirements & relevant specifications are observed.
- Participates actively to the PG department know-how consolidation.
- Proposes innovative solutions allowing cost & risks reduction.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Preferable in relevant industry, skills, and experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred
- Familiar with Element Analysis Methods
- Good knowledge of Beam Theory and Physics of Material
- Python and VBA Programming – not mandatory but good added value
- Familiar with Abaqus, AutoCad, Orcaflex Software
Subsea 7 are committed to creating a diverse workforce and we look to offer excellent career opportunities as well as providing a wide range of benefits and a flexible working environment.
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.