ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.Â
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota â€“ a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industryâ€™s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Charged with the oversite of the pipeline in-line inspection (ILI) program for Hess North Dakota pipelines. This role will serve as the Subject Matter Expert in the application of ILI concepts, principles, and methods.
- Responsible for Regulatory Compliance within the ILI and integrity assessment program.
- Designs and/or maintains key dashboards and metrics to support safety, quality, delivery, and cost visibility as part of operational control process.
- Responsible for planning and executing ILI runs and coordinating efforts with Operations and contractors to ensure high likelihood of run success. This includes review of pipeline documents, historical data, and operating parameters.
- Responsible for proper ILI tool selection, run acceptance, and review and interpretation of results.
- Responsible for selecting ILI validation methods, and planning and executing follow-up activities, including validation digs, inspections, and minor repairs.
- Responsible for engineering analysis of results â€“ remaining strength, corrosion growth rates, remaining life, reassessment intervals.
- Responsible for communication of results and recommendations to all appropriate parties.
- Lead and support failure investigations and root cause analysis.
- Provide ‘boots on the ground’ support when needed to gather failure data and ensure appropriate countermeasures are taken.
- Provide input and advice for Management of Changes as it relates to pipeline integrity.
- Ensures company personnel and contractors are qualified to perform Covered Tasks.
- Develop and improve program standards, processes, and procedures, and strive for continuous improvement.
- Keep informed of new developments and requirements affecting Hess for the purpose of recommending changes in process.
- With support of the Integrity Team Lead, develop and achieve the MR&I ILI budget and schedule.
- Manages monthly project accruals/forecast and other project accounting and reporting activities.
- Responsible to review and approve contractor invoices.
- Ensures proper document retention and ensure all project and survey data, records, and reports are kept in the appropriate database.
- Drives embedment of Hess safety procedures, best practices and standard work as defined by the expectation of a safety leader.Â This includes ensuring compliance with company safety policies and procedures, as well as, lead, perform, and/or participate in 5S, accident investigation, safety audits and related activities.
QUALIFICATIONSÂ Â Â Â Â Â
- 5 + years oil and gas industry experience or equivalent industry related experience
- Working knowledge of PHMSA 49 CFR 195 and 49 CFR 192 as it pertains to pipeline integrity
- Familiarity with industry codes and standards, such as API, NACE, and ASME
- Understanding of ILI and NDE technology, capabilities, and limitations
- Understanding of threats to pipeline integrity
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office, SAP, GIS)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills with attention to detail and process improvements
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision in a diverse, multidiscipline team environment
- Ability to manage activities for multiple projects in parallel while effectively managing time and resources required
Education, Training & Certificationscation
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering required
Core BehaviorsÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
- Strong Lean knowledge and/or demonstrates ability to learn following skills:
- Teach/coach:Â 5-Whys, Mistake Proofing, 5S
- Lead/facilitate: Standard Work Instruction, Structured Problem Solving (A3), Leader Standard Work, Spaghetti Diagrams, Swim Lane Mapping, Dashboards and Operating Rhythm, and Conditions of Satisfaction
- Participate/use: Rapid Improvement Events, Value Stream Mapping, Business Planning A3
- Demonstrates Leading at Hess Competencies including but not limited to:
- Focus for and capability to coach/mentor/develop team members
- Able to influence without authority across organizational boundaries
- Able to lead change with various stakeholders
- Able to lead a team to deliver results
- Team Development
- Ensure further development of all contract personnel through performance evaluation, feedback, and coaching.Â
- Provide direction to team members emphasizing quality, efficiency, productivity, cost reduction, environment/health/safety, and morale.
- Develop and maintain positive team member relations centered on mutual trust, dignity, respect, fairness, consistency, two-way communication, teamwork, and harmony.
Work EnvironmentÂ Â Â Â Â Â
- Role in Tioga, ND on a 9/80 work schedule with field visits as needed
- Field Time (â€œgo seeâ€, meetings/collaboration) â€“ 25%
- Desk Time (admin, invoices, data analysis, emails) â€“ 75%
Hess is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Hess is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, clickÂ hereÂ or send an email to MyHR@Hess.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.