We have a current opportunity for a Pipeline Supervisor on a 4×4 rotational contract basis. The position will be based in Buliisa, UGANDA. For further information about this position please apply.
* To provide technical assistance and coordination accordingly to the project requirements
* Support the Pipeline/Welding Superintendent on site ensuring that the Contractor is fully conversant with all Company project Pipeline related standards and procedures.
* Act as primary Supervisor for a dedicated area of the construction site: follow-up the sequence of work-fronts and liaise with the construction contractor area managers and superintendents to make sure the sequence is as per the Construction Level-3 Schedule.
* Ensure that Contractors progress on the appropriate high-priority work-fronts in order to stick to the level-3 schedule.
* Undertake regular site visits to assess the work quality and delivery of the Contractor and intervene as appropriate to ensure that activities progress in line with the project schedule.
* Monitor progress and prepare performance reports.
* Identify & analyse the weak points which penalize the productivity and propose corrective actions.
* Advice the Wellpads Superintendent on all issues related to sequencing and scheduling of work fronts.
* Analyse and forecast performance and manpower requirements based on physical progress relative to schedule.
* Liaise with all the Superintendents and Supervisors to make sure that all interfaces are managed effectively.
* Supervise the following Site Pipeline interfaces and ensure that Company / Project standards and procedures are fully aligned:
o Company & Construction Contractor
o Construction Contractor / Sub-contractors
o Pipeline Vendor representatives & construction site personnel
* Assist in the resolution of all Technical Queries.
* Assist the COMPANY Team to ensure Compliance with projects Safety objectives throughout the life of the project.
* Maintain good relationship with Contractors, being flexible enough but also strict when necessary to achieve the objectives of the Project.
* Liaise with Other disciplines as it might be required to improve effectiveness of Team and to achieve project objectives and targets
* Keep the Pipeline/Welding Superintendent North informed of all events which may affect the successful completion of the project goals.
* Interface with QA/QC personnel to address quality issues/progress
* Monitor workforce productivities/progress relative to schedule
* Liaise with contractor for field level changes during the construction phase
* Compliance with the HSE instructions, rules and procedures in force for compliance with the HSE contractual clauses and other documents governing ties with the contractors
* Ensure the protection of the environment and the monitoring of Project environmental performances.
* Participate in daily/weekly/monthly meetings as required
* Compile necessary reports (daily/weekly/monthly) related to his/her discipline and scope for the Pipeline/Welding Superintendent North and Construction Manager
* Carry out any other task that may be assigned to him/her.
* To act on behalf of the Pipeline/Welding Superintendent North in his/her absence if required.
The Service Provider must have the following qualifications:
* HND or equivalent in related discipline, current BGAS-CSWIP certification
The Service Provider must have the following experience:
* Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Oil and Gas and Petrochemical industry with Recognized level of expertise in construction discipline with a good knowledge of NDE/NDT.
* Broad ranging experience in two or more of the following areas:
* Large Topside related package construction, Onshore/Offshore pipeline construction, Onshore Pipeline Installation, Plate Mill/Pipe Mill Inspection, Coating Plant Inspection (FBE/3-layer/concrete),Double jointing and field joint coating
* Man management – of own inspection team and contractors inspection team.
* General awareness of client General Specifications and/or previous experience with other major IOC’s/Contractors in oil and gas construction projects.
* Ideal candidate shall be fully conversant with applicable Oil and Gas Industry International Codes, Standards as well as best Industry Practices.
* A good awareness of other disciplines. Significant responsibility in multi-discipline teams or projects.
* Good interpersonal and organizational skills as well as a good level of computer literacy and be proficient in Microsoft Office. English mandatory.
* Valid Medical Certificate which complies with Company standards.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.