Piping & Layout Field Engineer
– The Piping & Layout Field Engineer shall ensure that the activities and scope for construction within the discipline is planned, qualified, executed and documented in accordance with the contract specifications and with a high focus on cost efficient construction.
– During construction phase, follow-up Contractor(s) to ensure deliverables in line with scope of work, budget and schedule.
– The Field Engineer is reporting in both the Construction line and towards the Piping & Layout Lead Engineer.
– Continuously be a role model for HSE standards, at all sites
– Follow-up and contribute to Contractors fabrication activities (incl. shop engineering) within the discipline with emphasis on quality, schedule, cost efficiency and HSE.
– Provide Contractor(s) with input, clarifications and maintain contact as necessary.
– Ensure that Contractors site personnel are qualified in accordance with project requirements.
– Supervise inspectors in site team
– Monitor work progress
– Ensure that all required procedure qualifications are performed.
– Review selected drawings and documents issued by Contractor
– Ensure that systems and equipment are protected and preserved
– Ensure that fabrication documentation/records are issued by Contractor in accordance with requirements.
– Report deviations and highlight problem areas to Construction lead
– Ensure completion for handover to commissioning, participate in area / system punch out as required.
– Support and take responsibility for decisions within own discipline, e.g. inter disciplinary input, handling of site queries (SQs), technical queries (TQs), punch item closure and assistance to site (ATS), as required.
– Ensure necessary dialogue with interfacing disciplines and contribute to resolving interface issues.
– Participate in engineering and construction reviews and conduct audit/verification activities to ensure efficient constructability and system handover according to plan.
– Ensure experience transfer from similar projects, operations and discipline network.
– MSc/BSc in relevant technical area
– Minimum 5-10 years of relevant experience (depending on role)
– Good piping and layout*knowledge
– Familiar with relevant Company and NORSOK requirements, and other internationally recognized standards
– Experience from all relevant phases of development process: feasibility studies, concept studies and detail engineering
– Fabrication and installation experience is an advantage
– Good multidiscipline and interface understanding.
– Strong SSU focus
– Commercial mindset (“know your numbers”)
– Team player
– English and Norwegian language
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.