What’s the role –
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all necessary information is available and work scope is completely understood, including working with OMC for clarification
- For MOCs, ensure there is a complete package, follow all design specifications and work through any discrepancies with originator
- Input detailed steps for work sequence in task list
- Follow status of critical jobs in the field
- Work with Mechanical Engineers and Inspectors on FIR’s for repair recommendations, and incorporate those recommendations into plans
- Provide the crafts with a Work Package that has all information, including special safety precautions, QA/QC, drawings, pictures and parts needed for successful, efficient execution
- Ensure the general effort of planning for first time quality with no rework, redlines, etc. from work order initiation to execution
- Ensure complete understanding of job and consult with Operations, Engineering, others as necessary to develop an accurate plan
- Seek and offer lower cost options when available
- Work with vendors to ensure materials can meet required dates
- Contact 3rd party contractors for additional resources if base loaded resources have been determined to not be an option
- Ensure summation of plan hours and costs represents actual planned time and costs
- Plan and prepare work so it can be readily scheduled by the work schedulers in Primavera, including correct work centers
- Update existing tasks lists as necessary when receiving feedback
- Create task lists for repetitive work
- Solicit feedback on plans to improve skills
Skills & Requirements
What we need from you –
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis.
- HS Diploma and/or 5 years equivalent relevant experience.
- Knowledge of P&ID’s and ISO’s
- Excavation competent
- Lockout/ Tagout
- Confined Space Entry
- Microsoft offices
- Pipefitter, Boiler Maker, Rigger NCCER certification
- Cost estimating
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world’s growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally, and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity, and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork, and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.shell.com.
Be the first to comment