NES Fircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base.
Our client is seeking a Planner/Scheduler near Kamloops, BC for a 1 year contract.
The Planning Advisor will plan and schedule work in accordance with Work Management program requirements to ensure safe and reliable operations of our pipeline assets. This role partners with Operations and Maintenance teams to plan / schedule preventative work orders, corrective maintenance work orders, develop weekly/long range work schedules and plan equipment outage activities.
- Lead weekly planning meetings to prioritize work and obtain stakeholder input and support to plan and execute work
- Establish detailed work plans ensuring resources, materials and SOP’s are available for the safe and effective completion of maintenance and projects; including onsite walkdowns of equipment and facilities.
- Develop weekly and long-range work plans/schedules ensuring program objectives are achieved.
- Interface with cross-functional teams to complete contracting and material sourcing for detailed work plans.
- Plan for major maintenance and outages at compressor stations and pipeline assets.
- Estimate required labor, equipment and materials (LEMs) by hours, craft, to perform work and skills required to perform tasks, including specialty materials, services or equipment
- Review job plans for critical path identification and long lead material or specialized equipment items with lead technicians & Supervisors.
- Coordinate the development of job specific safety plans or maintenance procedures as required.
- Facilitate planning activities to ensure business impacts are effectively mitigated or optimized for planned maintenance with a focus on optimizing outages
- Foster an environment that positively supports an active approach to continual improvement with respect to work management and system health
- Foster a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Participate in cross-training with peers to grow your experience and knowledge of other regions
- Collaborate with functional teams to ensure asset data integrity is up to date and optimized to facilitate efficient work and asset management; this includes the recommendation for the design of equipment hierarchies and bill of materials.
- Monitor and maintain outage KPIs & measures through schedule and cost management
- Support for strategic initiatives required to drive continuous improvement of program deliverables.
- Ability to follow safety, operational and regulatory procedures and requirements.
- A member of the Area Planning and Scheduling team assigned to cover a geographical area of the Westcoast Transmission Operating area.
- Provide input into the development and sustainment of Work and Asset management processes.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to source and procure resources and materials.
- Ability to work independently and manage workload.
- Ability to collaborate and work with others.
- Related university degree and four‐plus years’ experience OR eight‐plus years of previous field operations experience, OR equivalent mix of formal education and experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to solve problems and develop solutions
- Strong documentation and organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision, or a part of a broad team
- Valid drivers license
- Experience using computerized maintenance management system (SAP and/or Maximo)
- Familiarity with health and safety program requirements and management systems including asset data management, material management, supply chain and procurement processes would be an asset.
- Familiarity with Pipeline activities and regulation an asset
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.