Our client is seeking a Planner/Scheduler to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX, for a 12-month assignment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development of Level 1 schedules working with Development Teams to identify overall project timelines, major deliverables, and project milestones
- Clarify scope of work, level of schedule detail, and provide technical evaluation according to contractual requirements to effectively plan and manage project work
- Develop an overall project schedule, detail tasks and planning packages, implement a work breakdown structure to align with costs
- Apply rolling wave technique as project work progresses to continuously update and detail near term activities
- Provide monthly schedule status updates including progress or work, schedule changes, critical path and variance analysis utilizing the Critical Path Method
- Assist Project Team in evaluation of strategies to address scope changes and mitigate schedule delays
- Support the implementation of the Core Project Control procedures
- Coordinate on schedule format, policies, processes, procedures, and an exchange of ideas for continuous improvement of project scheduling
- Participate and resolve any issues in execution of joint Cost, Schedule, and Risk Health Checks to verify effective planning and implementation of cost processes.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in performing cost and schedule management and other project controls functions over engineering, procurement, construction components on large capital projects, preferably in the Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Industrial and/or Power industries
- Possess a solid understanding and application of Earned Value Management (EVM) principles and methodology
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or ten or more years of scheduling experience in the energy field or related industry
- Working knowledge and experience with Primavera P6, MS Project, and other Microsoft Office products
- Specific knowledge and experience in project scheduling process and issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management.
- PMP certification preferred
To apply for this job please visit jobs.airswift.com.