NESFircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry.
Our client, a large Oil and Gas midstream company, is currently seeking a Planner/Scheduler lV for a one-year contract, based out of Edmonton AB. The position is targeted to start August 3, 2021 and end August 6, 2022.
- Assigned to projects of more than $50 MM/year with multiyear duration with an extreme level of complexity.
- Expert user of Primavera P6 software; requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in project planning and scheduling and considered an industry expert in the field.
- Be able to recommend best practices and solve complex problems.
- Work independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- Develop a realistic project plan and schedule to meet the project objectives.
- Ensure that all standard procedures and systems for project planning and scheduling are followed.
- Responsible for ensuring that proper WBS, coding and resources are integrated into the schedule.
- Ensuring Contractor’s plans and schedules are prepared and integrated according to project standards and contract requirements.
- Coordinate and update schedules with actual progress and forecast remaining durations, project milestones, and completion dates
- Apply practical field experience with planning and scheduling knowledge to identify challenges to the project schedule and suggest mitigation plans and prepare recovery schedules. Carry out what-if schedule analysis for different options or to assess impacts of certain events.
- Proactively report schedule status and efficiently communicate any schedule risk and mitigation plan with PM/CM and project control supervisor.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Post-secondary education in Engineering or Construction. Engineering P.Eng (or its equivalent) is preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred.
- 10+ years working experience, including 5+ years of pipeline relevant construction or project experience.
- Expert user in Primavera P6 and strong scheduler experience.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to work with a minimum level of supervision.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively in a team environment.
- Computer skills using P6, Power BI, Ecosys, Microsoft Office products.
- Must be a proven high performer, based on prior performance reviews.
- Strong ability to work with many different stakeholders.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.