Marathon Oil is seeking a Planning Analyst. The successful candidate will support the Operational Planning Organization, working closely with multidisciplinary teams. The focus of the position includes financial forecasting, big data management, scenario analysis, and other business unit support for informed decision making in an ever-changing environment. This position will report to a Planning Supervisor of the Operational Planning Organization and will be located in Houston, TX.
Maintain Short-Term and Life of Field Production & Economic Forecasts
• Manage asset financial model and ensure timely update of production and economic forecast monthly or as required by asset or Business Planning
• Provide variance analysis to quantify significant changes in forecasts
• Analyze inputs and forecasts to proactively identify potential issues and communicate to appropriate people in asset work with asset team to correct in real time
• Be a resource for users of the forecast to help them use, interpret, understand risks, upsides / downsides, and assumptions
• Support implementation and integration of adjacent business software (Actenum DSO, Anaplan, SAP-PM, etc.) with the Enersight model and leverage big data platforms (Spotfire, Tableau, Alteryx, etc.) to streamline information exchange
Coordinate Forecast Process
• Aide with the process, timeline, required deliverables, and other required information for the quarterly and budget forecast updates
• Ensure quality inputs are received from the asset team key stakeholders and implemented into the Enersight model as intended
• Communicate production forecast changes through meetings, presentations, and others as appropriate
• Provide support for the development and maintenance of economic forecasting models in Enersight
• Publish production, capital, and expense forecasts to asset management and stakeholders including Subsurface, Production, Facilities, Marketing, D&C and others
Support Communication of the Asset Plan/Forecast and Results
• Items may include but are not limited to quarterly earnings material development, accounting variances, quarterly production variability, town halls, board meetings, investor relations presentations
• Generate reports and provide trend analysis between current forecast and business plan and prior forecast. Analyze variance between forecast and actual realized bookings to aid in root cause determination and continuous improvement implementation
• Assist in lookback economics preparation and analysis
• Provide asset updates to corporate financial planning model in Anaplan
Support and Participate in Special Projects as Necessary
• Provide support for ongoing Business Development activities (Acquisitions, Dispositions, Joint Ventures, etc.) through forecasting, economic modeling and preparation of presentation materials
• Maintain type curve single well economics and perform sensitivity analysis as required by stakeholders
• Creation of unique scenarios within Enersight to address asset-specific challenges such as third-party capacity limitations
Education: Bachelor’s degree required
Preferred Majors: Engineering, Accounting, Finance, MBA
Experience: 1-5 years experience in engineering, financial planning, business planning or auditing. Oil and gas experience preferred
General: Excellent oral and written communication skills, teamwork, analytical skills and attention to detail, strong organization & planning skills, ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you’re a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You’ll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || SF:LI; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Other Corporate Functions || Finance and Accounting || || 31875 ||
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Strategic Planning, Finance MBA, Financial, Corporate Finance, MBA, Strategy, Finance, Management
To apply for this job please visit careers.marathonoil.com.