LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 58569
Why you should join us:
The Planning & Development Advisor is a business subject matter expert for the Commercial Payments business systems, system capability, process, or outcome.
You will provide business knowledge and experience to special projects and programs within Business Services and across cross-functional teams in Sales & Marketing. This role is responsible for selected Run-The-Business Programs as well as special project participation for new initiatives that will move the business forward.
You will use your expertise to:
- Define a product’s capabilities and features based on product’s overall vision and customer experience
- Be an expert at understanding and anticipating trends for the product
- Liaise with end users continuously to provide support and ensure the product roadmap meets expectations
- Prioritize needs and communicate with the end users of the product.
- Provide support or services for the applicable area
- Communicate with stakeholders across the board, including customers, business managers, and the development team to make sure the goals are clear, and the vision is aligned with business objectives
- Identify and proactively manage risk for project scope to appropriate levels of project and senior leadership
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Three years’ experience in agile project, product, or technology management
- University degree in Business or related discipline
- Ability to multi-task and balance priorities while adapting productively
- Experience communicating complex concepts with multiple stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
- Broad knowledge of the Sales and Marketing Business
- Excellent understanding of research methodologies and ability to efficiently summarize new ideas and concepts and/or issues
- Understanding of IT Service Management best and practical experience in development and deployment of IT technologies
- Advanced facilitating and negotiation skills with ability to lead integrated teams to value-add decisions
- Proven skills adapting easily to changing priorities with ability to develop clear processes and procedures
- Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
- Commercial payments and products knowledge
- Knowledge of retail and wholesale business
- Working towards PMP Certification
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 – 6th Ave S.W.
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday, with the potential for extended work hours based on business needs
We are Canada’s leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – if it isn’t safe, we don’t do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our purpose and values.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Visit our Report on Sustainability to see our progress on a number of environmental, social and economic topics and what we’re doing to position our company for the future
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we’re doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don’t delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Professionals
To apply for this job please visit jobs.suncor.com.