Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a Planning Engineer to join them in Monaco on a 1-year contract.
Built Proposal schedule based on benchmark, template and past project experience based on defined project execution strategy.
Set up, monitor and update the overall planning project and the Progress Measurement System during project execution phases based on contract requirements.
Support the Project Manager in maintaining the project schedule.
Provide planning inputs to Project Management Team in order to issue regular Project Status Report.
Supervise Site Planning Activities and coordinate planning interfaces between the yard and PMT.
Formulate jointly with Cost Engineer a Work Breakdown Structure that is coherent with the project execution strategy establishing activity weightings that enable a representative measure of the project progress to be determined.
Formulate high level (Summary level 1) and detailed schedules (Levels 2 & 3…) including Client and subcontractors.
Responsible for making visible the various schedule requirements and for keeping aware the project supervision team (Engineering and Supply Chain leads, and Construction Supervisors…) of their planning requirements in order to achieve their scope and the overall project on time.
Animate and coordinate the Project Planning Meetings.
Produce regular reports such as progress figures, S-curves, “look-a-heads”, etc… to permit the project to be well managed by highlighting planning areas of concern and then to enable the Project Manager to take timely action.
Identify shortcomings in current methods, processes and procedures and propose improvements
Review, Sub-schedules, loading and capacity charts to determine feasibility and congruency with master project schedule.
Analyse data. Identify Corrective Actions (as and when required) in cooperation with the overall Project Manager & Discipline Project Managers.
Pursue, monitor and record progress in each area of project activity.
Integrate project and sub-contractor planning.
As necessary produce, detailed planning for increasing scope visibility (e.g. detailed deliverable schedules, milestones charts, memo…).
Coordinate and monitor activities over different disciplines and different corporate software systems.
- Strong analytical skills.
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Good Communication skills with very strong ability to compile and summarize multiple data and communicate/translate results and data to interlocutors issued from different disciplines and different expertise.
- A pro-active approach to solving problems and getting the job done on time in a challenging environment.
- Driver and flexible in approach to ever changing projects’ requirements.
- Graduate Engineer with 5 year of hands-on planning experience in an offshore, shipyard, Production factory, engineering project management environment.
- Proficient in the use of planning software such as Primavera (P6), Microsoft project, Primavera Risk Analysis.
- Expert in MS-Excel Software with database capability.
- Ability to coordinate multiple schedules, solve schedule conflicts under pressure and understanding complex sequences.
- Ability to coordinate & organize multiple sources of schedule inputs/performance data into a master schedule platform and deliver project/program status reports as required
- Schedule management technical skills: Excellent understanding of CPM planning method, Earned Value Analysis and usual progress measurement methods.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- At least 5 years proven planning and scheduling experience in Oil & Gas EPC projects
- Solid offshore or site-based planning experience on major projects. Able to understand Construction constraints and assembly sequences.
- Ability to understand Engineering/Procurement and Construction Technical and Organizational constraints
To apply for this job please visit jobs.airswift.com.