The Operations Manager will lead and develop the operations team and plan, direct, coordinate, and oversee all operations activities for the biodiesel, raw materials and wastewater division supply chains. Key outcomes for the Operations Manager are to develop high level operations team skills and performance and efficient operations, financial planning and cost management processes and systems to meet current and future needs of the organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruiting and training of the operations team.
- Oversee the daily-monthly workflow of the department.
- Provide constructive and timely performance evaluations and development programs.
- Lead safety performance and culture for zero harm.
- Establish, implement, and communicate the vision and strategic direction for operations.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems.
- Collaborate with other divisions and departments to deliver the supply chain and inventory outcomes to meet customer commitments and operational and business needs.
- Ensure all operations team are fully trained and independent in operational processes to achieve medium to long term operations targets for efficiency, cost and production volume.
- Development and management of operational budgets and financial plans.
- Achieve the divisional financial targets for P&L, revenue and costs control.
- Establish, monitor and report operational KPIs.
- Identify, recommend, and implement new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources and materials.
- Establish, communicate, and implement operations-related policies, practices and standards.
- Propose, budget and deliver major capital projects.
- Biodiesel or related chemical process operations experience highly valued.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated strategic and financial management skills.
- Expert knowledge of the operational principles, procedures, and best practices with a history of successful implementation results.
- Customer and industry partner focus.
- Good technical understanding of chemistry and industrial processes.
- Capital project budgeting and management expertise.
- High work pace and expert decision-making skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Engineering, Operations or other industry-related field required; MBA preferred.
- At least 10 years of industry-related experience including three years in senior management required.
- Daytime salary position requiring 24 hour, 7 day per week on-call availability
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts
- The employee is regularly exposed to high noise environments
- The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather in all conditions
- The employee works with and around hazardous chemicals
- The employee will be required to wear personal protective equipment on the head, hands, face, feet, and body.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.