The Gating and Governance Advisor is responsible for the development, implementation and governance of standards, processes, procedures, systems, deliverables and activities related to the Project Lifecycle Gating Control (PLGC) process. The position interfaces with project teams to provide leadership and support on project execution, project turnover and alignment to project requirements for all Major and Core Projects. Additionally the role works closely with a variety of stakeholders outside of projects including project integration, operational turnover and engineering.
Provides operational leadership and support by:
- Supporting Major and Core project execution across liquids, gas, utilities and renewables; this role serves as a senior technical resource for the Project Execution teams, making recommendations, developing and delivering training, implementing large-scale solutions, conducting health checks and project reviews.
- Responsible for the development, guidance and direction of various stakeholders, business authorities and project teams within company to maintain and enhance project work processes. Consults with leaders and stakeholders on the Stage-Gate (PLGC) Process and its continuous improvement.
- Developing and implementing continuous improvement to the Stage Gate (PLGC) process to support the cost effective and consistent execution of company projects while meeting stakeholder needs and mitigating project risk during execution.
- Providing direction in the gathering and analysis of business requirements and process mapping for client areas, to streamline and find efficiencies to optimize client effectiveness and create knowledge from existing information within and across departments.
- Managing change with stakeholder groups to support effective transition to and utilization of one PLGC process for all project types.
- Having extensive knowledge of Company’s organization including a strong understanding of the responsibilities business units and how they relate to capital project development and system operations.
Provides first level specialized project leadership and support to project execution teams by:
- Conducting pre-gate readiness reviews of a Project’s technical documentation comparing the compiled documentation against the PLGC Standard and deliverable list. Reviewing documentation to ensure it is updated and provide notification to teams when it does not sufficiently meet the intent of the Standard.
- Leading the interpretation of project-specific business requirements and ensuring alignment with project lifecycle gating methodologies.
- Assigning priorities within projects by effectively allocating resources and managing stakeholder expectations
Other duties as required
- Develop and strengthening key relationships across the Projects organization including Project Development, Operations, Supply Chain, Lands and ROW, Quality, Project Controls, Drafting, Engineering, Safety, Lands and Environment.
- Providing a specialized technical knowledge, project management, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Have a keen awareness of interrelationships with other stakeholders.
- Look for ways to innovate and improve current processes, and automating highly repetitive or time-consuming tasks.
Contacts (Working Relationships)
Possess an aptitude for successfully building relationships with employees, internal stakeholders and all levels of company management
- Reports to the Supervisor, PMO Gating and Governance
- Accountable to project teams, external and internal stakeholders for work as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- University degree in business, project or related discipline with 5-7 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong analytical and computer skills-advanced working knowledge of all applicable applications including but not limited to SharePoint, PowerPoint, Excel and all MS Office applications.
- Proven ability to effectively plan and organize work combined with strong communication, leadership, problem solving and decision making.
- Innovative skills, results oriented, and team oriented.
- Capability to effectively manage and prioritize workload and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Office environment.
- Overnight business travel may be required.
- Occasional travel to field worksite locations. May require Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
To apply for this job please visit www.airswift.com.