Nabors is a leading provider of advanced technology for the energy industry. With operations in about 20 countries, Nabors has established a global network of people, technology and equipment to deploy solutions that deliver safe, efficient and responsible hydrocarbon production. By leveraging its core competencies, particularly in drilling, engineering, automation, data science and manufacturing, Nabors aims to innovate the future of energy and enable the transition to a lower carbon world.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
Currently seeking a motivated intern to shadow a Project Manager working with a variety of business units. This is an exciting opportunity to be part introducing new industry products!
In this role, you will be responsible for tracking, and communicating the project progress, achieving project milestones on time, while ensuring that consistent delivery of expected scope. Additional responsibilities to include development and maintaining visualizations and/or reports for various management levels.
You will participate in collaboration workstreams (define requirements) and conduct stage gates, working with internal and external stakeholders to meet implementation timelines. You will be reporting and presenting to senior leadership with a mix of onsite and telecommuting to various locations. You will participate in risk analysis on resource conflicts/shortages, and scheduling conflicts with dependent deliverables. Support responsibilities include scope change/change management with stakeholders and priority changes for the department and development teams.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a fast-paced company and like to be able to make an impact. This may be the role for you!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You’ll be a great fit if you have:
- Previous project management experience
- Work effectively with a team and independently
- Capability to manage expectations and communicate with all levels from Analyst to Executives
- Experience with all PM processes (project schedule, financial management, issue/risk management, resource management)
- Can identify opportunities for improvement to the project delivery process, recommends, and drives implementation of solutions
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Must be a junior or senior in a fulltime undergraduate or graduate level program pursuing a degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration at an accredited university.
- Must be able to work full time, 40 hours a week for a minimum of 10 weeks.
- GPA of 2.7 or higher (on a scale of 4.0).
- Must be able to work in the area of assignment for an unlimited amount of time without visa sponsorship.
- Be able to travel as needed.
- Complete the required pre-employment authorizations and tests.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, especially Executive communication, but also to individual client, consulting, subcontractor team members
- Service delivery experience as a member of a consulting firm or a leading software provider
- Negotiating skills across project teams and vendors; coaches others
- Ability to resolve team conflicts
- Experience with equipment controls
- Oil & Gas drilling process/equipment knowledge
- Professional Certificates: PMI/PMP, Agile Leadership Network, Agile Alliance, SCRUM Alliance
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Be able to work in both team and individual environment.
- Demonstrate competency in technology and business software packages (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Office environment; most coordinate with resources in other time zones
- May be required to visit a Rig environment to understand the nature of the business
- May require visits to Manufacturing locations and Maintenance facilities
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and use hands. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision and distance vision.
: United States Of America-Texas-Houston-(Nabors Corporate Services) Houston Office
To apply for this job please visit nabors.taleo.net.
Be the first to comment