Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Aramco is seeking a Porous Materials Specialist to join the Carbon Management Division of the Research & Development Center (R&DC) which is responsible for the development and deployment of cost-effective CO2 capture and conversion technologies.
The Porous Materials Specialist’s primary role is to advance the development of materials for CO2 capture and CO2 conversion, through in-house synthesis and advanced performance characterization; as well as evaluating available technologies in the field of carbon management.
- Porous adsorbents synthesis and development for CO2 capture and separation applications.
- Materials characterization using various analytical techniques (e.g. structural analysis, gas sorption capacities, adsorption kinetics, and thermal and chemical stability analysis).
- Work with materials chemists, AI/ML developers, and process engineers to develop and scale-up carbon management related technologies.
- Develop in-house analytical methods for porous materials synthesis, non-routine tests and assessments to meet customers’ needs.
- Utilize project management tools in setting work objectives, detailing experimental scope, and timely execution of the projects towards sound technical solutions.
- Liaise with peers to ensure proper execution and timely delivery of milestones related to carbon management projects.
- Liaise to establish collaborations with industrial partners and academic research groups in the field of carbon management, especially adsorption and conversion technologies.
- PhD degree in Materials Chemistry with a strong focus on sorbents synthesis.
- Ten years of experience in Reticular Chemistry and the synthesis of organic ligands and different classes of porous adsorbents.
- Proven track record of research and material development and scale-up in the area of gas separation and conversion applications.
- Sound experience and hands-on skills in the performance characterization of porous adsorbents for gas capture and separation applications.
- Ability to demonstrate scientific/technical authority and broad technical credibility, preferably including publications and/or patents.
- Knowledge in CO2 capture and conversion processes.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.