Where you fit in
The front-office analytics environment at SE-EA is changing significantly with the growing businesses. To optimally support the business’ changing needs and with the aim to ensure cross-product consistency, we are creating a centralized Quant Analytics function for modelling, designing, implementing, testing, and maintaining the quantitative libraries and tools. The role holder will report to the Quant Analytics Lead and support the Quant Analytics team.
You will be part of a team supporting quantitative needs within Power, Gas and EPTB, accelerating the rationalization of tools and libraries as well as developing synergies across the different product lines for Trading and Deal Structuring teams. The role requires analytical thinking, technical skills, and a commercial mindset to help drive forward analytics projects.
Your commercial focus will deliver efficiency gains to the company, while your modelling and technical expertise will deliver robust and reliable models for the trading and structuring desks.
What’s the role?
The role holder will be accountable for the following:
- Support the development of an effective centralized quantitative capability within SE-EA.
- Contribute to SE-EA’s proprietary quant analytics libraries and support the upskilling of the quantitative toolkit across products.
- Maintain the standards for quant and analytical tooling/modelling from development through to execution and maintenance.
- Analyse and challenge modelling methodologies and suggesting improvements.
- Support trading desks on any quantitative analysis need with regards to trading/pricing book management, process and analytics automation and reporting.
- Work closely with IT, Risk, and other support groups on model implementation, system integration, data analytics and risk management.
- Conceptualize valuation and hedging strategies, develop, and continuously improve upon mathematical models and translate algorithms into efficient code.
What we need from you
We are looking for candidates with high commercial capacity and strong skills. In addition to domain area expertise, the successful candidate will need to present strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with both business and technical minded colleagues at all levels.
The successful candidate should also possess the following skills and experience:
- Quantitative background: MSc in Mathematics, Engineering, Science or Operations Research
- Relevant front-office work experience in energy markets. Preference will be given to candidates with extensive experience in European power markets.
- Solid understanding of energy derivatives products, modelling, pricing, and hedging practices.
- Strong knowledge of advanced numerical and optimization methods (e.g., Monte Carlo, finite difference, dynamic programming) for pricing and hedging energy derivatives.
- Strong coding skills in Python with working knowledge in either C# or modern C++ ( in .Net framework). Practical knowledge in functional programming is a plus
- Familiar with software design patterns, modern technology stacks or DevOps tools (e.g., Azure, Github) is highly desirable.
- Have experience in querying API platforms and databases, and end to end application development.
- Knowledge of power fundamentals and stack models is a plus.
- Can work autonomously on projects, manage time efficiently and deliver in a timely fashion
- Present experience driving forward with initiatives and projects.
- Enjoy the challenge of working in a customer focused, fast paced and rapidly evolving business.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.shell.com.