This clients is seeking a construction-oriented team focused Pre-Construction/Development Manager
This individual will work for the construction/execution teams. Candidate will coordinate daily and work with a team of regionally focused Pre-Construction and Development personnel. This role’s primary responsibility is to work with multiple internal project teams reviewing and assisting in the development status of projects from early concept to handoff to the construction team. Concentrating on constructability and budget impacts and seamless transition to the execution team. The successful candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of, and field experience in the renewable energy industry, including functions related to project management and construction activities. Including civil development, means and methods, viability, and costs implications across many scopes. Experience with electrical and structural construction along with strong data management skills are also vital skill sets. An ability to find, assess and review process improvements needed before they arise and during different phases of the project life cycle as issues present themselves. Need to be flexible, team orientated and can work in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Collect pre-construction site visit data and submission to internal stakeholders.
- Key role in determining project constructability.
- Provide technical data and assistance to the CE Outreach team in the planning and execution effort of the initial outreach plan.
- Review and confirm quotes for materials, labor, equipment, data, and environmental factors. Ensure RFPs establish the basis of scope and pricing from contractor/supplier.
- Understand the different levels of construction design and effectively hold designers and business partners to the right standards during the appropriate phases of the preconstruction process.
- Attend and conduct pre bid EOC/subcontractor meetings and walk throughs.
- Attend and actively participate in preconstruction and design meetings with major project stakeholders including Landowners, State, County and any other regulating Authorities Having Jurisdiction.
- Assist Pre-construction Manager in the project hand off meeting to ensure proper transfer of knowledge from preconstruction to execution.
- Assist in coordinating and attend any required Pre-Construction meetings with Local AHJ’s and Pre-Construction team.
- Work with development and project execution teams to build conceptual and detailed estimates. Work with full project team to develop construction project budgetary tracking and completion dates.
- Utilize 5%, 10% and 30% designs to assist the real estate team in conjunction with the Pre-Con PM, in ensuring the project acreage and boundary requirements are correct.
- Scope and assist Preconstruction Project Managers in the selection of EPC/subcontractors based on best value and project requirements.
- Attend weekly check in calls with the project team during pre-construction and construction phases as needed.
- Schedule and attend internal and external meetings as necessary (e.g., daily, weekly)
- Manage and prioritize heavy volume of emails.
- Work within house Engineering to provide information and attend job walks to facilitate reports from 3rd party independent Engineers.
- Performing diligence of project information and deliverables to support solar, wind, transmission, and energy storage projects during the development phase.
- Work with the project stakeholders to review and approve components of the bid package, submittals, and decisions through the process.
- Asist in the development of comparison metrics to accurately evaluate bids.
- Foster strong contract administration and risk management best practices in conjunction with the Pre-Construction and Executions teams.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of classified information.
- Ability and willingness to share gained expertise and experience of Construction techniques, methods and best practices, to obtain solutions to complex issues on active projects during execution.
- Team player providing support to both team members, as well as members of the extended team.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others, internal and external to the organization.
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement.
- The ability to quickly identify information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate sources, and use skillful questioning to draw out the information to find a solution.
- Anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for contingencies.
- Demonstrate depth of technical knowledge and skill in utility scale, wind construction, and BESS construction
- Self-directed, proactive, solution oriented, collaborative, team leadership, flexible.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, multitasking in a fast passed environment, and attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to changing software and technology needs.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite. Working knowledge of project scheduling concepts, techniques, and software such as MS Project. Knowledge of ProCore, Primavera P6, Quickbase, and Box a plus
- 5+ years progressively responsible experience in the renewable power industry with significant wind and/or solar energy management experience
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations, quality standards, blueprint, and shop drawing readings
- High degree of knowledge in Civil, Structural, and Electrical
- Must be willing to travel 50% of the time.
To apply for this job please visit www.spencer-ogden.com.