ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
The Principal Advisor, Energy and Environmental Technologies reports to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO). The accountabilities of this position include defining, enabling and implementing technology breakthroughs in the following areas: reduction of methane and CO2 emissions, carbon capture utilization and storage, geothermal, biomass, etc. as well as monitoring developments in relevant sectors such as hydrogen, renewables, nuclear and the circular carbon economy. This position will be the internal authority on energy systems evolution/emissions reduction technology. She/he will also guide the selection of relevant technologies to profitably achieve class leading performance in emissions reduction/capture and help guide Hess’ positioning in energy transition.
This position will engage externally with a broad range of providers ranging from startups, venture capital, universities, research entities, oil and gas operators, traditional suppliers and technology providers across industries. This role supports the Hess Technology Funnel and is responsible for evaluating existing/emerging technologies to high-grade the most promising technologies to pilot for in-depth understanding of their potential. Key internal interfaces include EHS, Facilities and Projects, and asset EHS/Facilities/Operations. The Principal Advisor, Environmental Technologies must be a respected subject matter expert with strong relationships across Hess and the relevant EP, Midstream, Downstream, and relevant adjacent industry sectors. The position will develop strong internal and external networks to coordinate and collaborate subject matter expertise focused on scope 1-3 emission reduction and the energy transition.
- Minimum 10– 20 years’ experience in energy and environmental technologies with focus on air emissions reduction/storage
- Demonstrated experience within O&G company operations and a keen understanding of E&P/Midstream strategic drivers.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the broader and current energy value chain with insight to the evolution of same.
- Free thinker with the ability to find alternatives to conventional methods or new ways of doing work
- Excellent communication skills – can effectively explain project and technology strategies and risks all levels, and carry recommendations to senior managers and executives as well as provide clear guidance to technical staff; strong influencing capabilities
- Works well in a collaborative environment; actively shares best practices and is a team player
- Ardent Networker – across industry, outside of industry, professional societies
Education, Training & Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Environmental Sciences; advanced degree(s) highly preferred
- Creativity – constantly seeking new ideas and ways of working to enhance value and reduce risk.
- Inspires Innovation – uses a full scan of the world and seeks world-class performance; bold in exploring disruptive changes to make break-throughs happen to the ultimate benefit of the shareholder
- Thinks Strategically – Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented
- Demonstrates Courage – questions status-quo, takes hold of challenges and formulates a way forward
- Builds Trusted Relationships – works to move outside of comfort zone and develop trusted relationships that enable business challenges to be tackled with effective partnership; creates effective teams
- Delivers High Performance – unsatisfied with the status quo; urgently driving to improve business performance through relationships, process, innovation, etc.
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Anthony Wayne Vasut | Employee | Production / Operations Engineering | United States| Texas | Houston | | | | | No | 25652
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.