Join our journey
Petrofac is currently looking to recruit a Principal Designer / Senior Designer / Designer- Civil & Structural (Offshore) to be based in Chennai.
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
- Three year Diploma or equivalent in Civil or Mechanical.
- 10 years and above experience years with 6 year of offshore Structures detail design experience preferable from Oil and Gas Engineering Consultancies or EPC Contractor.
- To supervise design, drafting and modeling activities and accountable for successful completion of proposals and / or projects within allocated Cost, Time and Resource.
- Ability to effectively motivate, lead and support a team of designers at the local office and at Satellite office.
- Having core competencies like ability to adopt a dynamic, tactful problem solving approach to tasks and demonstrate coordination, monitoring, supervisory and communication skills.
- Having character competencies like proactive approach, eye for detailing, multi-tasking, forward planning and forecasting.
- Ability to provide right inputs to supervisors in order to make quick and conscious decisions on critical issues which might have significant impact on the scope of project requirements.
- Must comply with the Company Code of Business Conduct (COBC) and Anti-Bribery & Corruption (ABC) requirements, Safety and Quality procedures.
- Review the ITT (Invitation To Tender) documents provided in the proposals, evaluate the scope and prepare / review the Bill of material, raise technical queries (TQs), follow up tender bulletins as applicable.
- Supervise and lead more than one project activities (if assigned as a Group leader) within the discipline and interact with the designated lead engineer and the Direct Supervisor.
- Prepare various estimates like Bill of quantities, Man-hours, Software requirements.
- Review the design basis, assess total number of drafting deliverables, format of deliverables, time schedule and other requirements to execute the project.
- Evaluate development method and software requirements, AutoCAD, Microstation, 3D modeling etc.
- Prepare and review inputs required for pre-engineering survey.
- Issue engineering drawings for Inter Discipline Check (IDC) and coordinate with other engineering disciplines to close any technical issues.
- Prepare and review As-built drawings
- Attend progress meetings when required.
- Prepare /review /issue structural drawings.
- Interface and provide clarification, guidance and technical support to construction sites during fabrication and installation of equipment and appurtenances.
- Coordinate with fabrication contractor / engineering teams towards preparation of As built documentation and project close out documentation.
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of standard design guides, standard installation drawings, modeling procedures and checklists.
- Promote safety awareness in strict compliance with company HSE policies and procedures.
- Perform related duties as and when assigned / directed by Immediate Supervisor/ Dy. Manager / Discipline Manager.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.