We’re 20,000 colleagues in more than 30 countries delivering oil, gas, wind and solar power to 170 million people worldwide. Taking on tough energy challenges is our job. Right now, we’re facing an enormous task: supplying the world with the energy it needs, while lowering emissions.
We’re up for the challenge. Are you?
By joining our team in Renewables you will have the opportunity to:
- Be the Principal Electrical Engineer responsible for the Equinor Electrical Safety Rules USA.
- Support renewable projects with In-depth knowledge of HV/LV Transmission and Distribution systems.
- Support and provide input to Projects and Prepare for Operations Teams to deliver high voltage electrical systems in the following area:
- Technical deliver of electrical systems inline with US and Equinor standards.
- Quality assurance of product delivery.
- Support commissioning activities to assure quality assurance of product delivery.
- HV/LV switchgear performance especially linked to cable interconnections.
- Equipment Factory Acceptance Testing and corresponding standards.
- Provide knowledge of interconnection agreements.
- Provide extensive knowledge and experience of Operational Safety Rules including but not limited to ANSI and IEEE Standards.
Some qualities are essential for Equinor. You identify with our values, open, collaborative, courageous and caring, which guide our decisions and help us succeed and grow. You make safety your priority and contribute to our zero-harm culture. For this position, we are also looking for:
- Hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar. Experience working in a similar role may compensate for formal qualifications.
- A good technical understanding of electrical equipment preferably from an operations and maintenance background.
- 10 years or more of relevant experience in the Transmission & Distribution industry.
- Experience from project execution.
- Basic understanding of HV/LV substation design and layout.
- Experience of different energy sectors and electrical safety rules (i.e., NESC or familiar with NERC Compliance related to Operations).
- A High Voltage qualification and applicable OSHA standards.
- Offshore Wind industry experience would be beneficial.
- Must be prepared to undertake offshore training/medical.
- Proactive and creative approach to problem solving.
- Strive for continuous improvement.
- Ability to work independently to deliver your own proposals and results.
- Ability to lead others and good/excellent collaboration skills.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process. All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.peopleclick.eu.com.