Join Our Journey
Petrofac is currently looking to recruit a Principal Engineer – Commissioning on a 9 month contract based at our client’s site in Tealing, UK.
The role is outside IR35 and invite Limited Companies to engage.
Scope of Services:
Services to be supported during the duration of the contract are detailed below. A requirement to undertake additional services shall be mutually agreed by way of contract amendment:
- Will be overall responsible for Pre-commissioning and Commissioning activities.
- Needs to be having Electrical background and sufficient experience in Substations Commissioning.
- Will be responsible for leading the Commissioning team and will act the Contractor’s Commissioning representative
- Should be able to lead subcontractor for the safe execution of Pre-Commissioning / Commissioning activities in line with the schedule.
Services should be provided to enable production of the following deliverables where required as part of project specific works, specific clients and durations will be called off as part of the purchase order.
- Identify requirements and scope of work, review specifications, drawings and other documents of the project and establish applicability to the scope of work.
- Carry out a detailed assessment of the commissioning work involved and assess the available resources and possible constraints in its execution.
- Ability to review contractual documents and identify project requirements and constraints / risks.
- Inspect and ensure all construction activities are completed prior to taking up the system for commissioning and ensure the setting up of safety procedures for the same.
- Ensure that all safety and precautionary requirements and procedures are followed during the commissioning.
- Liaise & Coordinate with commissioning engineers and provide them support and guidelines for technical commissioning related issues.
- Responsible for discussing and getting the approval of Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning and Operations procedures from clients.
- Hold regular review of risk assessment/meeting with the client on issues such as HSE.
- Be aware of cost monitoring, control expenses, and report overruns to management.
- Be continually present on the field to guarantee the quality and progress of the work.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary commissioning team.
- Clear punch list items as necessary after checking at site.
- Perform any other related duties and responsibilities as and when directed by the Supervisor.
If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.