Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: PRINCIPAL ENGINEER HVA/C
- Supervise and lead a team of engineers and designers in carrying out FEED, Proposal and detailed engineering works in the offshore team related to HVDC / HVAC Wind energy projects & Offshore Oil & Gas projects assuming the responsibility from conceptual to detail design and provide necessary technical information for procurement in compliance with tender specifications/data sheets and within budgeted man-hour and project schedules.
- Review ITB (Invitation to Bid) documents submitted in the proposals stage, issue inquiry requisitions, review techno-commercial vendor offers, prepare equipment, material, control system and man-hour estimates. Generally, leads the efforts as Lead Engineer.
- Review contract requirements for project execution, organize the preparation of the Technical Document Register (TDR), identify requirements and scope of work; review specifications Data Sheets (DS), Control room & other room layouts, Piping Material Specifications (PMS), Piping/Ducting & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s/D&IDs), platform layouts, General Arrangement (GA) drawings, Review Philosophies, and other relevant documents. Establish contract review criteria, identify and resolve discrepancies and divergences from original proposal through the instigation of technical queries to projects/client.
- Verify contract technical specifications, scope of work, HSE requirements, budgeted man hours, budgeted quantities, total of deliverables, and format of delivery, time schedules and project specifications for execution of the work. Identify equipment parameters including capacity, controls, power supply, material of construction, pressure requirements, limitations of operating environment and other parameters.
- Developing detailed HVAC System Design by spearheading complete functions which shall include but not limited to performing Heating & cooling load calculations, design drawings like P&IDs, D&IDs and ducting piping layouts etc
- Provide inputs for the preparation of platform layouts; organize the issuance of engineering drawings and technical documents for Inter-Discipline Checks (IDC’s) coordinate with other engineering discipline in the integration of data inputs.
- Supervise the preparation of technical inquiry requests (Inquiry Requisitions) to vendors; participate in the technical evaluation of vendor bid offers. Direct and provide guidance in the Technical Bid Evaluations (TBE), review vendor drawings and documents. Supervise the review of design calculations, ensure vendor equipment specifications meet with client specifications and are within budgeted costs.
- Direct the preparation of Purchase Requisitions for the procurement of equipment and materials. Review vendor quality plans, ensure vendor equipment’s compatibility and compliance with the scope of client specifications. Coordinate with procurement, ascertain expedite of materials and equipment to site.
- Interface and regularly meet with client and vendor representatives, conduct internal staff meetings, ensure the progress of project in accordance to schedule, allotted man hours and budgeted costs. Coordinate with projects and planning departments on schedule related issues. Update TDR progress reports through the use of defined software.
- Function as part / team member of Specialist Group to support multiple projects.
- Apportion work among engineering staff according to specialized training, monitor man-hour costs and team schedules. Recommend cost effective measures to reduce the overall package costs.
- Monitor vendor manufacture progress; verify vendor equipment testing and fabrications procedures. Inspect Vendor workshops; attend testing of critical equipment items. Coordinate with third party inspectors for non-critical equipment testing. Approve equipment final product dispatch to site.
- Participate in HAZOP meeting with the client and representatives of other engineering disciplines.
- Participate in 3D Model reviews internally and with the client.
- Interact with HSE, Quality Assurance for quality issues; strictly ensure compliance with Company’s ISO Quality procedures. Coordinate Internal and Client audit requests; facilitate audit procedures of engineering systems within the department.
- Interface and provide clarification and guidance and technical support to Fabrication yard and commissioning engineers, provide start-up assistance as required.
- Perform departmental duties as and when directed by Direct Supervisor.
- Supervise and develop Graduate Engineers and other engineers as assigned by Department.
- Work on Development Standards/Data Sheets/Other Tools to improve productivityLeads the activities in converting the project from concept to detailed engineering. Works within Project Budget requirements. Serves as the tie-in in the department team for inter-discipline engineering concerned with the project. Accountable for overall discipline related activities for the successful completion of project within allotted schedule, manpower and costs.
- Decisions limited to the quality, schedules, resource requirement. May make recommendations on mobilization/demobilization of personnel.
- Consults with Lead Engineer/Group Manager on main issues which may affect layout and equipment specifications or add value to the job.
- Supervise 2 to 10 Engineers and Designers as required.
- HVA/C System design in full capacity which includes preparation of below main documents & activities.
- Lead the team of Engineers and designers
- HVAC Design Basis/Philosophy, Equipment Specification
- Heating/Cooling Load Calculations
- Air Flow Diagrams, Ducting & Instrumentation Diagrams (D&ID), Piping & Instrument Diagrams (P&ID)
- Fan & Pump Static Pressure Calculations
- Duct & Pipe Sizing, Ducting & Piping Layouts
- 3D model inputs and review/ clash checking and resolutions.
- Control Narratives, Input / Output Lists and Cause & Effect Diagrams
- Electrical Load inputs
- Weight Control Reports
- Ensure Environmental regulation requirements and other assessments during definition and design.
- Define/check metallurgy in accordance with process parameters/conditions, development of mechanical datasheets. Carry out checks to ensure quality deliverables are issued addressing all multidisciplinary interfaces.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering with a minimum 12 to 17 years of related experience from a background in working for the concept, FEED, EPC, of HVAC Design of offshore projects in the oil and gas industry or wind energy.
- Experience in offshore platform layout and coordination related to HVAC system.
- Good knowledge in HVAC Control system design integrated with Aux SCADA system.
- Experience required in sizing, selection of equipment & erection of HVAC ducting, AHU’s, ventilation fans, Coolers, Chiller packages, etc. for offshore platforms
- Experience in offshore HVAC projects preferably wind energy projects like HVDC and HVAC projects.
- Good knowledge in offshore standards like DNV, SOLAS, ISO etc related to HVAC Design and operation.
- Experience in Design software like HAP, ASHRAE duct and pipe fitting data base etc, ASHRAE psychrometric Analysis etc
- Basic knowledge in Navisworks (for 3D model review)
- Refer to HR/ OD Competency Management System (CMS)
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.