Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: PRINCIPAL OFFSHORE STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
- Excellent grasp of the fundamentals of stress engineering, as well as experience in applying commonly used European and International civil & structural design codes. Principally we are looking for people who understand not only what the design codes say, but – more importantly – why
- Experience of using both general purpose finite element analysis software (e.g., Abaqus), and specialist offshore analysis software (e.g., Sesam, SACS, Orcaflex)
- Responsible for producing clear and concise technical reports and will also support the team by checking their reports
- Prepare and/or check specifications, design calculations, drawings and MTOs quickly and efficiently
- Petrofac’s processes and procedures are key to efficient delivery, and you will ensure all outputs are compliant with our ISO accredited quality, project control, safety and integrity procedures
- Manage and supervise work of others including workshare offices and subcontractors
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- A good Mechanical, Structural or similar engineering master’s degree
- Hold Chartered status with a recognised professional institution
- Proven experience of leading jacket and topsides design and analysis at both concept and FEED stages
- Experience of working to a range of common offshore analysis codes
- An excellent understanding of the fundamentals of solid mechanics and fatigue of metallic materials
- Good communication skills combined with an excellent standard of written and spoken English
It would also be advantageous to have experience in:
- Experience in Abaqus and Sesam finite element analysis tools
- Experience in analysing offshore structures
- Experience of analysing offshore wind turbines
- Analysis of offshore / onshore pipelines
- Engineering consultancy
- Offshore design and assessment codes and recommended practices
- Nonlinear assessment
- Dynamic / modal assessment
- Fatigue of offshore structures
- Fracture mechanics
- Structural assessment and appraisal
- Blast design
- Fixed and floating structures
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.