Join Our Journey
Petrofac is currently looking to recruit a Process Consultant on a permanent basis based in Woking, UK.
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
- May work either as a Lead Engineer or Specialist Consultant on a feasibility, concept, FEED, detailed design or EPC project. May be a Subject Matter Expert within a specific area of their discipline, for example: sour gas processing or flow assurance etc.
- Technically responsible for all engineering work and allocating supervising and directing preparation of project deliverables. Subject to project size, will delegate some level of supervision and specific checking activities to appropriate competent personnel.
- Capable of formulating resolutions to technically challenging and/or high-profile issues without support and effectively communicating with Clients and Senior Management.
- Undertakes specialist activities or reviews of process design aspects based on their high level of competency within aspects of process engineering.
- Reviews the ITB (Invitation to Bid) documents submitted in the proposals stage, prepares/reviews man-hour estimates and provides input to project execution plan.
- Supervises, reviews and checks the process activities including the preparation of Philosophies, Studies, Heat & Material Balances, PFDs & UFDs, PEDs, Process Systems including P&IDs, Flow Assurance, Relief and Flare Design, Process Datasheets & HAZOP Close Out. Identifying and resolving discrepancies and divergences from original proposal by raising technical queries with projects / client.
- Capable of participating in Factory Acceptance Test’s.
- Participates in multi-discipline Engineering Design Reviews and provides all necessary process engineering input and support to close out of actions.
- Identifies a clear scope of work and supervises preparation of the Technical Document Register (TDR). Responsibility for planning/scheduling the process engineering activities and manpower resource. Quantifies the total number of engineering deliverables, man-hour allocation and format of delivery, and other requirements for execution of the work. Provides necessary regular project controls/ reporting input to Project Management.
- Provides support to Procurement including for long lead items enquiry prepares Technical Requisitions, reviews vendor documentation and provides Technical Bid Evaluation support to ensure design conformance.
- Ensures compatibility and conformance with client specifications and recommends cost effective improvements to equipment selection/specifications within the scope of client specifications and requirements.
- Participates in HAZOP meetings with the client and representatives of the other engineering disciplines.
- Consults Quality Assurance with any quality issues ensuring compliance with Petrofac’s ISO Quality procedures, Project Quality Plan and Design Integrity processes and procedures. Coordinates Internal and Client audit requests and facilitates audit procedures of engineering systems within the department. Complying with other Petrofac accredited frameworks such as ISO 14001.
- Participates in employee performance evaluations, establishes performance criteria, identifies employee strengths and weaknesses and recommends training and development requirements.
- Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Chartered Status is preferred.
- Significant related experience working for Engineering/Client organisations in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Exposure to Consultancy, FEED/ Detailed Design and EPC projects.
- Knowledge of international equipment specifications and codes.
Note: Interested Candidates kindly submit both CV and relevant Qualification documents and Training Certificates when applying for this role.
If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.