Provide support to Shell’s OUs by drafting / detailing the drawings through tools such as Auto-Cad / Raster cad/ AVEVA 3D
Candidate primarily works on AutoCAD/ Raster cad tools can be a added skillpool.
The role is expected to be the expert in Mechanical/ piping designer and closely engage with an OU in updating the technical drawings & suggest improvement solutions on enhancing the overall quality of work. Also provide training and support to other drafters while replicating best practices from stakeholders and partner organizations.
- Providing design and technical support for the layout, design, supporting and specification of piping
- Designing and drafting of PEI (Pressure Equipment Integrity), MOC (Management of Change) and Surveillance activity updates in 2D and 3D drawing environments
- Read and comprehend general technical drawings of the process and facilities like PEFS (Process Engineering Flow Scheme) / P&ID, PFD (Process flow diagram), EFD (Engineering flow diagram), Corrosion loop drawing, Piping isometric drawing and GA (General arrangement drawing)
- Hands on experience in creating Corrosion loop drawings from scratch with the help of P&ID and Piping isometric drawings.
- Understand the relation between corrosion loop and corrosion point is essential.
- Prepare and verify designs on site including creation of tie-in drawings
- Understand and interpret the corrections and redline mark ups done in the drawings.
- Capable of using Raster Cad tool for rastering the tiff image file related to drawing updations.
- Knowledge and experience on plant layouts, incorporate the corrections and re-draw using 2D tools, Vendor drawings updation.
- Providing project management skills including man-hour estimating, budget control and scheduling for new scope of work
- Establishing good working relationships and communication with Operations lead, Team lead, clients, and other team members to coordinate.
- Understand the completeness and consistency across the entire project for improving quality and reducing rework.
- Execution of quality deliverables, drawing management, process supporting document archiving and contribute to continuous improvement
- Virtual working with key stakeholders for day to day operations
- Flexible working hours required to cover multiple time zones
- Effective initiative to identify and help resolve business and technical issues within areas of responsibility.
- A self-starter and reliable deliverer, with good verbal and written skills in English.
- Exposes the individual to all cultural backgrounds and organizational levels across the globe, across diverse time zones.
- The role primarily involves the remote support to the Shell operating units/sites in the drawing management & updates.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Mechanical/ Piping Engineering Degree/ Diploma with at 3-5 years of work experience in Oil & Gas/Petrochemical Industry.
- A Minimum of 3 years of experience in Brownfield projects in updating drawings for MOC, PEI and Surveillance department.
- Familiar with international codes, standards, recommended practices, and knowledge level in Shell Dep will be added advantageous.
- Piping engineering, design & selection of piping components, comprehending, creating & updating the drawings viz. P&IDs, Piping Isometrics, 3D drawings, piping layouts, Plot Plan etc., in in 2D & 3D in design, drafting & engineering firms/ consultancy firms/ plant environments/industry past the professional degree/diploma.
- Acting as interface with other disciplines to overcome design / drafting issues
- Reviewing all the PEI, MOC and Surveillance document for drawing updates.
- Review and prepare piping design deliverables (i.e. Bill of Material, Isometrics, Corrosion loop and Piping GA Drawings)
Highly Preferred skills are:
- A strong knowledge and background on Mechanical / piping detail engineering is required.
- Excellent communication skills and quick learner. Be a good team player. Ability to prioritize and ensure delivery of priorities for the area of responsibility. Flexible and adaptable to change, with track record of demonstrating initiative, analytical capabilities and problem solving.
- Ability to apply engineering best practices, codes, and standards to identify issues, recommend improvements, and implement solutions.
- Excellent stakeholder management with business interface exposure
- Strong interpersonal leadership skills are critical due to the requirement for effective communication of complex issues across multiple offices and teams.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.shell.com.