Provide support to Shell’s OUs by drafting / detailing the drawings through tools such as Auto-Cad/Microstation/ Raster cad.
Candidate primarily works on AutoCAD/Microstation. AVEVA 3D tools can be a added skillpool.
The role is expected to be the expert in electrical / intrumentation designer and closely engage with an OU in updating the technical drawings & suggest improvement solutions on enhancing the overall quality of work. Also provide training and support to other drafters while replicating best practices from stakeholders and partner organizations.
- Development, drafting and As-Built updation of common electrical design drawings such as Single Line Diagrams, Cable Block Diagrams, Schematic/Connection Diagrams, Control schematics, General Electrical Equipment Layouts, Panel Layout, Panel schedule, Lighting Layouts, Earthing Layouts, Underground Electrical layouts.
- Development, drafting and As-Built updation of common instrumentation design drawings such as Instrument Location Layouts, Instrument loop diagram, Electrical Heat Tracing Zone drawing, Underground piping layouts, Cable Routing layout, Cable Block Diagram, Cable Schedules, Wiring Diagrams.
- Read & comprehend general technical drawings of the process & facilities like PEFS (Process Engineering Flow Scheme) / P&ID, PFD (Process flow diagram), EFD (Engineering flow diagram).
- Understand and interpret the corrections & redline mark ups done in the drawings.
- Capable of using Raster Cad tool for rastering the tiff image file related to drawing updations.
- Knowledge and experience on plant layouts, incorporate the corrections & re-draw using 2D tools, Vendor drawings updation.
- Understand the completeness and consistency across the entire project for improving quality and reducing rework.
- Hands on experince in 3D model review tools such as Naviswork freedom/ manager, smart plant review.
- Hands on experince in 3D modelling and handling 3D modeling softwares like Aveva tools, Smart plant will be a value added scope.
- Execution of quality deliverables, drawing management, process supporting document archiving and contribute to continuous improvement
- Virtual working with key stakeholders for day to day operations
- Flexible working hours required to cover multiple time zones
- Effective initiative to identify and help resolve business and technical issues within areas of responsibility.
- A self-starter and reliable deliverer, with good verbal and written skills in English.
- Exposes the individual to all cultural backgrounds and organizational levels across the globe, across diverse time zones.
- The role primarily involves the remote support to the Shell operating units/sites in the drawing management & updates.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Electrical/Instrumentation /Industrial Engineering Degree/ Diploma with at 3-4 years of work experience in
- Oil & Gas/Petrochemical Industry – operating assets and/or a varied range of greenfield/brownfield projects.
- Familiar with international codes, standards, recommended practices and knowledge level in Shell Dep will be added advantageous.
- Electrical and instrumentation engineering in cable layout, wiring diagrams, instrumentation hook up diagram, single line diagram respectively in design, drafting & engineering firms/ consultancy firms/ plant environments/industry past the professional degree/diploma.
- Acting as interface with other disciplines to overcome design / drafting issues
- Reviewing all the process document
- Review and prepare Bill of material / Material Take off
Highly Preferred skills are:
- A strong knowledge and background on electrical / instrumentation detail engineering is required.
- Excellent communication skills and quick learner. Be a good team player. Ability to prioritize and ensure delivery of priorities for the area of responsibility. Flexible and adaptable to change, with track record of demonstrating initiative, analytical capabilities and problem solving.
- Ability to apply engineering best practices, codes, and standards to identify issues, recommend improvements, and implement solutions.
- Excellent stakeholder management with business interface exposure
- Strong interpersonal leadership skills are critical due to the requirement for effective communication of complex issues across multiple offices and teams.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.shell.com.