- Provide support to Shell’s OUs by updating the drawings through our 2D and 3D drawing management systems by editing existing drawings (As Built) to incorporate red lined corrections, drawings & recreate PIDs from vendor schematics or hand sketches,etc..
- Candidate primarily works on AutoCAD/Microstaton Tools only.
The role is expected to be the expert in AutoCAD/Mirostation with brief knowledge as Piping designer and closely engage with an OU in updating the technical specification & suggest improvement solutions for improving the overall quality of work. Also provide training and guidance to other drafters while replicating best practices from stakeholders and partner organizations.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for Mechanical discipline drawings in understanding the type of drawings, kind of modification requested for PID creation from vendor schematics
- Wider knowledge in interpreting the different type of RLMs from PID,PFD,PEFS, UFD, UEFS,HAC,Structural, Iso-metric, Plot plans, Plant Layouts, Sectional diagram, vendor schematics, General Arrangements drawings,etc.
- Strong Knowlegde in ASME B31.3 piping Standards in incorporating drawing specifications during drafting process.
- Understanding/updating the Electrical & Instrumentation discipline drawings as recommended by site Markups/Vendor schematics.
- Understanding/updating the EHT related drawings like Isometric drawings, Panel Schedule, Cable Summary, Cable Schedule, One Line Diagram, Grounding Layout, Cable Routing Layout, Plot Plan layout .
- Understanding/updating the in Electrical designing of Cable trays, Junction Boxes, harness routings, Plot plan understanding, Cable calculation.
- Understanding/updating the Instrumentation discipline drawing drafting/designing like Hook-up drawings, Loop Drawings, Instrumentation wiring, Block drawings, JB drawings, Cable Schedule, Cable routing, Instrument Location drawings, F&G Layouts, control room drawings.
- Preparation & Checking of MTO.
- Review of vendor drawings including control system wiring and panel drawings all other interfaces for design deliverables.
- Ability to train and onboard new joiners to the team, driving KT sessions and onboarding to Project work flow is required.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and MicroStation is a must
- Virtual working with key stakeholders for day to day operations
- Flexible working hours required to cover multiple time zones
- Effective initiative to identify and help resolve business and technical issues within areas of responsibility.
- A self-starter and reliable deliverer, with good verbal and written skills in English.
- Exposes the individual to all cultural backgrounds and organizational levels across the globe, across diverse time zones.
- The role primarily involves the remote support to the Shell operating units/sites in the drawing management & updates.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Mechanical/Industrial/ Piping/Electrical/Instrumentation Engineering Degree/Diploma degree with 3 to 5 plus years of work experience in :-
- Piping engineering, design & selection of piping components, comprehending, creating & updating the drawings viz. P&IDs, Piping Isometrics, 3D drawings, piping layouts, Plot Plan etc., in in 2D & 3D drawing & drafting tool
- Knowledge of Piping engineering, specifications, piping components and standards is the must.
- Experience in drafting/designing of Electrical/instrumentation discipline drawings is must.
- Good knowledge of piping materials, codes and standards.
- Oil & Gas/Petrochemical Industry – operating assets and/or a varied range of brownfield projects.
- Excellent communication skills and quick learner. Be a good team player. Ability to prioritize and ensure delivery of priorities for the area of responsibility. Flexible and adaptable to change, with track record of demonstrating initiative, analytical capabilities and problem solving.
- Ability to apply engineering best practices, codes, and standards to identify issues, recommend improvements, and implement solutions.
- Excellent stakeholder management with business interface exposure
- Strong interpersonal leadership skills are critical due to the requirement for effective communication of complex issues across multiple offices and teams.
- Expertise in pipe modeling and facility layouts.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.shell.com.