Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Process Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Identify opportunities to improve SHE, availability, variable cost and fixed cost.
* Prepare detailed project study reports to ensure generation of accurate project proposals.
* Support implementation of projects (capital and revenue) to improve SHE, availability/reliability and cost performance.
* Provide Process Engineering input and approval for plant modifications to ensure delivery of fit for purpose and fully documented asset improvements (including all TAR modifications scope).
* Provide Process Engineering discipline expertise in troubleshooting asset vulnerabilities to minimise impact upon the asset operating plan.
* Liaise with Production Optimisation Team to co-ordinate new entrants and Waiver approvals.
* Act as Process single point of accountability (SPA) for long-term Asset strategy.
* Lead / contribute to safety reviews, risk assessments and investigations as the process engineering focal point.
* Take part in HAZOP, LOPA and SIL studies.
* Assist the Operations team with the development of Standard Operating Procedures.
* Act as custodian of key Process Engineering documents including Register of Safety Related Devices LO/LC Register, Safe Operating and Design Limits, P&IDs, Pipeline Surge Study, ensuring same are kept up to date.
* Act as Single Point of Accountability (SPA) for Process led site activity.
* Technical approval of process engineering content of Asset MOCs proposals.
* Support the Process Engineering Technical Authority with the development and ongoing management of process engineering practices and procedures.
* Adhere to and promote the company’s 20 Principles and 7 Life Saving Rules to colleagues and external vendors
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree in Chemical/Process Engineering or Equivalent.
* Chartered Engineer or actively working to achieve chartered status
* Relevant experience of Oil & Gas, Refining or Chemical Industries
* Experienced in leading/conducting project studies for capital projects, plant modifications as well as plant and equipment rationalisation and decommissioning.
* Good understanding & awareness of on and offshore processes & working practices
* Experienced with Risk Assessment and Management of Change processes
* Basic knowledge of mechanical, instrument, electrical and control engineering.
* Comprehensive understanding and applied knowledge of relevant UK Regulatory (Safety Case, COMAH…) and industry standards.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/064176.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.