Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. OxyChem’s market position is among the top three producers in the United States in 2021 for the principal products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Process Engineer within our Chemical Manufacturing Facility located in Geismar, Louisiana.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and or transport our products, as our highest priority.
- Learn assigned area and be a technical resource for production. Work closely with Technical Manager, Production Superintendent, Area Process Supervisor, and production personnel to find ways to improve the existing plant processes.
- Provide technical expertise to reduce manufacturing costs and improve product quality. Identify cost reduction ideas in conjunction with process improvements and overall plant reliability. Participate in the design and implementation of equipment and process improvements, material of construction improvements, and efficiency and cost control improvements.
- Assist with the identification, development, installation, and start up of process improvements. Engineering assignments may include energy and material balance studies, process studies, and process equipment specifications and modifications.
- Prepare AFEs for ‘small scale’ capital projects, and follow these projects to a successful completion
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering;
- Minimum two – ten years of engineering experience in manufacturing environment;
- High level of safety & environmental awareness and commitment;
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel);
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively;
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently;
- Self-starter with a strong desire to deliver superior results;
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills;
- Physical requirements include the ability to wear personal protective equipment. Must be able to exit facility in expedient manner during an emergency. Must be able to climb stairs and ladders; able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
– United States-Louisiana-Geismar
– OXY CHEM
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.