Airswift has been tasked by one of our major petrochemical clients to seek a Process Engineer to join their team in Spring, TX on a 12-months assignment, potential extension.
- Lead a design team in the development of basic process design specifications or provide oversight of an engineering contractor’s technical deliverables during the front end design / detailed engineering phases of projects.
- Monitor and lead junior engineers in the development of process design specifications, including the development of heat & material balances, design flow plans, process equipment design, preliminary hydraulic balances, utility balances, basic process control & instrumentation, materials selection, safety facilities
- Lead and/or perform process optimization studies to identify / evaluate capital / operating cost savings, process configuration alternatives, safety facilities requirements, etc.
- Provide technical oversight for engineering contractor’s work during front end engineering & design / detailed engineering to ensure consistency with Company methods & guidelines, project specifications & owner’s requirements
- Participate in Hazard & Operability Reviews for new / modified facilities / in support of existing plant facilities
- Provide commissioning & start-up assistance for new / modified facilities, as required
- Establish organization and staffing process
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent, required
- Experience in petroleum refining / chemical process industry / with an engineering contractor serving these industries
- Capital project development experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- 8-15 years of experience
- Very knowledgeable with tools and calculations
To apply for this job please visit www.airswift.com.