Process Safety (Loss Prevention) Responsibilities:
• Either independently or through a team of multi-disciplinary engineers, identify hazards inherent in facility design and operations. Characterize these safety hazards with good engineering practices, determine risk, and recommend safeguards.
• Lead (facilitate) and participate in Risk Assessments and Hazops (Guide-Word method) for company‘s upstream oil and gas production facilities.
• Develop Risk Management Plans for company ‘s upstream assets and steward findings
• Conduct consequence analysis [dispersion analysis (LEL, toxic gas), radiation analysis, blast analysis] using industry software (e.g. PHAST, FLACS)
• Lead and participate in Availability and Failure Rate calculations for safety instrumentation and Safety Instrumented Systems (SIL) assessments
• Assesses and analyze Safety Cases and QRA to develop risk insights into the facility
• Develop Event Trees to better understand potential consequences and risk associated with inherent hazards
• Interpret and implement ExxonMobil and Industry Design Standards (e.g., API 14C, API RP 520/521) for loss prevention areas, including:
- Pressure Relief, vapor depressurization/blowdown and flare systems design.
- Survival systems, escape, evacuation and rescue philosophies
- Fire and gas detection and alarm systems
- Active and passive fire protection
• Mentor and provide guidance to early career engineers in loss prevention skills and knowledge development
Process Engineering Responsibilities:
• Either individually, or leading a team assist with process optimization, debottlenecking and equipment trouble-shooting (of oil separation, gas compression, water treatment, etc.) in upstream production (including LNG) facilities
• Develop process simulation models using HYSYS (including Dynamic Simulation) to better understand onshore and offshore production issues
• Provide overall design guidance and operational surveillance for upstream production facilities
• Mentor junior engineers in interpreting P&IDs, Cause and Effect charts, main upstream equipment design, and PSV & Flare design and verification