Santos is a global low-cost producer of oil and gas committed to ever-cleaner energy and fuels production with operations across Australia, Papua New Guinea, Timor-Leste and North America. Our commitment is to be a global leader in the transition to cleaner energy and clean fuels, by helping the world decarbonise to reach net-zero emissions in an affordable and sustainable way.
Our values are teamwork, accountability, safety, integrity, pursuing exceptional results, and building a better future.
It is our people and our teams that are fundamental to us delivering on our commitments. Our aim is to attract people who are innovative, diverse, highly competent and see them develop their career with us.
At Santos, employees enjoy a range of incentives, services and people-focused initiatives including hybrid working arrangements, flexible hours options, gym facilities, salary packaging, employee share plan and mechanisms to support working parents.
About the role
Based at our global headquarters in Adelaide, this position leads and manages all aspects of the Santos human resources procurement category in support of the company’s onshore and offshore operating division assets and Santos corporate program, optimising risk and value in order to contribute to Santos’ competitive advantage and meet its business objectives.
Key accountabilities include:
- leading and managing the whole-of-company human resources category, by driving complex category management negotiations and activities;
- managing supplier performance within category to ensure optimum cost, quality, and safe delivery in support of HR Projects;
- applying strategic procurement acumen to deliver supply chain solutions supporting project execution on time and within budget, and which contribute to Santos’ competitive advantage;
- delivering Category Plans for the HR category;
- developing strategies to continue a “one Santos” approach between legacy Santos, newly merged/acquired businesses and any future expansions;
- managing a diverse portfolio which includes contingent labour providers, training & apprentices, people services, crisis management, etc;
- upholding and ensure compliance with all company standards and processes.
You will be experienced in:
- working exposure within procurement for the human resources category, Leading cost reduction, effectiveness and value creation strategies;
- identifying and embedding solutions which are compliant with company requirements and industry best practice;
- presenting ideas and information in a clear and concise manner to a wide range of business stakeholders;
- influencing stakeholders through your expert knowledge within procurement and category management.
Ideally, you will be degree qualified in, Business, Supply Chain Management, and demonstrate significant experience within directly relevant role(s), within large corporate environments.
About our people
Santos is committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome they are essential. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, or anything else that makes us who we are.
Santos acknowledges that we operate on the traditional lands of First Nations people. We recognise the traditional rights to maintain the culture, identities, traditions, and customs on their country.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted via the online recruitment system.
A requirement of this role is that you will need to have in place the legal work rights for Australia to apply.
To apply for this job please visit recruitment.santos.com.