Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine, and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals, and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. OxyChem’s market position is among the top three producers in the United States for the principal products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada, and Latin America.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Product Stewardship Specialist at our corporate office located in Dallas, TX.
Essential Job Duties
- This position is responsible for managing the company’s product hazard communications program by serving as a primary author of SDS and product label regulatory content for all finished products globally. Other responsibilities include support of product regulatory compliance efforts with state, national, and international regulations such as Prop 65, OSHA Hazcom, EPA TSCA and FIFRA, REACH, and GHS.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage the OxyChem SDS/label review schedule, including the data update, subject matter review, and finalization of updated SDS and labels.
- Create SDS/label content in the WERCS system for new and existing products.
- Create, maintain, and improve various global SDS templates by monitoring changes in international Chemical Management Plans in the countries into which the company actively markets.
- Provide management and technical expertise for the review and update of toxicological data summaries and GHS/OSHA classifications as part of the SDS review process.
- Integrate into the SDS review process the revisions required by the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard to align with the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS).
- Manage outside contracts and consultants related to SDS management and other areas to receive quality on-time work products for the agreed upon cost.
- Participate in the administration of the SDS/label software/electronic applications (e.g., WERCS, OxyChem Label Website, associated HES&S Team Sites).
- Assist in preparing appropriate legislative comments on behalf of the company to ensure company position is represented.
- Support maintaining the Product Stewardship budget items consistent with the overall HES&S budget. Provide budgetary support to the business units to help manage regulatory required product related expenses (e.g., toxicity testing, research, cancer studies, etc.).
- Provide technical/regulatory support and training, as needed, to site HES&S professionals, customer service, technical service, legal, business personnel, and customers.
- In support of HES&S Department communications, prepare and submit relevant information for the Product Stewardship update report.
- Support the OxyChem HES&S audit program through participation, when requested, as an auditor.
- Accept and manage other responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong technical skills and chemistry knowledge required.
- BS or higher degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Toxicology, Industrial Hygiene, or related sciences.
- 7 to 10+ years in product regulatory experience in the chemical industry preferred.
- Experience in EPA TSCA regulations, especially Risk Evaluation/Assessment, Risk Management, Test Order management, would be particularly helpful.
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision and give direction to others.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with both internal and external customers and regulatory agencies.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency and the ability to multitask.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to research and understand government regulations.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office, SAP, or similar programs. Experience with regulatory monitoring / SDS authoring software such as WERCS, LOLI ChemADVISOR, 3E Insight for Chemicals would be helpful.
- Must be willing to occasionally handle duties during off-hours as required.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
– United States-Texas-Dallas
– OXY CHEM
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.