Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. OxyChem’s market position is among the top three producers in the United States in 2023 for the principal products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Production Clerk within our Taft Plant located in Hahnville, LA.
Essential Job Duties:
- This position is responsible for coordinating and processing activities consistent with Corporate Policy and Budget Plans.
- Daily data collection, entry, analyzation, and reconciliation of TPS & postings to SAP.
- Monthly collecting and reporting of IntelaTrac routes to #1 Plant supervision.
- Maintain monthly spreadsheets for Month Close, Production Loss data, Variable Factor Charts, Brine Sludge, Membranes and other raw material inventories.
- Monthly Production Scheduling for #1 Plant in SAP.
- Create and manage Plant 1 Raw Material monthly and annual Requisitions/POs
- Reconcile monthly Raw Material Spreadsheet and verify all trucks
- Partake in Hurricane Drafting Process
- Interact with Pipeline Customers on a monthly basis for balancing purposes. Provide Dallas Customer Service an Advise of Shipment for pipeline customers and pipeline summary volumes.
- Update and maintain Production #1 Manuals/Procedures, logsheets, and IntelaTrac changes.
- Maintain the Taft Plant radio database, radio repairs, and supplies.
- Create annual vacation calendar for #1 Plant supervision, engineers, and Site Coordinators.
- Perform a detailed Month Closing Process, consisting of posting production, pipelines, & consumptions; balancing inventories between SAP and TPS systems. Assist engineers and Controller as needed during month close.
- Maintain personal Procurement Card and expense reporting; complete expense reports for #1 Plant employees.
- Follow and complete Records Retention policy for #1 Plant .
- Participate in audits, recalls, document control, and mock events (recalls, drills) as required.
- Supply parish Waterworks Department with meter readings.
- Backup support for #2 Plant Production Clerk, including daily KCL spreadsheet, caustic strap entries, production entries in TPS, postings to SAP, and reporting monthly findings to accounting.
- Provide support for #1 Plant supervisions, such as scheduling meetings, coordinating resources, and ordering meals.
- Maintain office supplies and coffee for #1 Plant and serve as backup for other areas.
- Actively participates in Taft’s Health, Environmental, Safety and Security (HESS) programs to assure a safe and environmentally sound workplace; assumes accountability for meeting plant safety goals and various other requirements including safety meetings, training, bulletins, job observations, housekeeping, reporting hazards and issues, and working safely in job assignments.
- Help prepare and participate at Oxy events as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have excellent planning and organization skills.
- Must be self-motivated and exercise initiative and judgment to make decisions within the scope of assigned authority.
- Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, or holidays.
- Physical requirements – must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs, walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
- Good skills with PCs including Microsoft applications, SAP, IntelaTrac, Oxy Expense, Fax, Xerox, and general filing systems.Problem solving discrepancies in TPS, IntelaTrac, and PHD and special project assignments preferred.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
– Production/Operations Support
– United States-Louisiana-Hahnville
– OXY CHEM
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.