Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
For more information on Equal Employment Opportunity, please follow these links:
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Provision
The primary responsibility of this Data Management Professional role is to find solutions for business problems pertaining to Production Operations across the enterprise utilizing data management, integration, reporting and analysis while ensuring that projects are aligned with business needs. This position requires teamwork and excellent communication skills in order to effectively execute data management project activities across multiple domains and business units. This includes the participation in developing data quality standards and rules, to ensure the teams have access to fresh, reliable, and accurate data to perform analysis and interpretation. As well as creation, maintenance, and training for production operations corporate reporting.
Requires a minimum of five years of experience working in the Oil and Gas Industry as a Technologist, Data Analyst, Data Management, Systems Analyst, Software Developer, or Business Analyst
• Develop methods to standardize both static and real-time data acquisition, reporting, integration, and visualizations for the Business Units
• Training field personnel and onboarding of new employees on data entry alongside the Business Unit technicians as needed.
• Training field personnel and onboarding of new employees on use of corporate production operations reports
• Update and create training materials and documentation on production related processes, data entry requirements and corporate production operations reporting.
• Focus on continual improvement of current BI processes and capabilities, including the integration of new business solutions into existing business processes
• Work with key stakeholders (Business Unit Production Operations teams) and understand their needs to develop new or improve existing solutions and communicate requirements to technology peers for implementation
• Work closely with technicians and field personnel to correct data problems, promote best practices and reporting concepts
• Maintain and improve legacy Production Technology corporate reporting and data sets in addition to creating new reporting solutions for Production Operations.
• Play integral role in supporting the Production Technology team in troubleshooting data quality related issues to Production Operations reporting and software.
• Uses advanced data management & analytics tools to retrieve and prepare integrated datasets. (Ex. WellView, Actenum, Prodview, Snowflake, Power BI, BIDW, TOW, OSIsoft PI system tools, and Spotfire)
• Establish and maintain trusted relationships and support business unit team data administrators, technicians, and engineers
• Establish and communicate aspects of data management, including standard processes, policies, data definitions, roles, technologies, data governance policy, and the benefits of data management to support the business
• Profile and measure data quality to ensure its fitness for business use according to data governance business rules; provide tools, processes, and methods to manage data quality; apply data correction rules to improve data quality
• Exercise independent judgment and decision making within area of expertise or responsibilities and make recommendations to stakeholders before implementation of non-established practices.
• Advanced level computer, data management, and analytical skills
• Energetic, self-motivated, great attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Project management skills
• Able to work extended hours
• Knowledge of data management and data governance best practices, with technical and subject matter knowledge in Production/Operations data
• Technically proficient in industry standard applications used in the area of specialism and scripting
• Must have experience using SQL for querying and exploring data
• Understanding of DAX and Power Query for Power BI a strong plus
Devon Energy is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Devon Talent Acquisition Team at Diversity@dvn.com.
To apply for this job please visit careers.devonenergy.com.