Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ConocoPhillips has operations and activities in 14 countries, $87 billion of total assets, and approximately 9,900 employees as of Sept. 30, 2021. Production excluding Libya averaged 1,514 MBOED for the nine months ended Sept. 30, 2021, and proved reserves were 4.5 BBOE as of Dec. 31, 2020. For more information, go to www.conocophillips.com.
In Canada, we can trace our history back over 110 years. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, our current investment programs are focused on the operated Surmont oil sands development in the Athabasca region of northeast Alberta and the liquids rich Montney unconventional play in northeast British Columbia. Our production averaged 94 MBOED in 2021 and proved reserves were 0.3 BBOE.
Our story demonstrates our commitment to the community, our innovative approach to technology and our adaptability during the changes faced by our industry. Within our Calgary office, we have implemented a Hybrid Office Work program, which offers eligible employees flexibility with the option of working remotely on Wednesdays and Fridays. We believe that diverse opinions, ideas, and perspectives are what fuels innovation, and we reinforce this belief through a DEI Council of employees, a culture of psychological safety and an Engagement Network, to name a few. Our workforce represents the international communities in which we live and work, bringing together talented people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Consistent with our focus on excellence, ConocoPhillips continues to discover and develop best practices in diversity, equity, and inclusion – for the good of our enterprise, our employees, our vendors, and our communities.
ConocoPhillips Canada is currently seeking a Production Engineer in the Montney Production Operations team. Reporting to the Team Lead Production Engineering, this role is accountable for day-to-day surveillance and technical operation of wells. The primary focus of the role is optimization of production inflow from the reservoir to surface facilities, technical support for design of future well pads, flow assurance and artificial lift design. Expertise in gas lift would be a desired skill set
This position is a Calgary based role working a 5×2 schedule with periodic travel to site required.
- Production inflow modelling from the reservoir to the wellhead, leveraging analysis tools such as SNAP, prosper, Harmony, etc.
- Coordinate the onstream and stabilization process for the new well pads.
- Understand and optimize the wells and full field operating costs. Ensure the appropriate costs for the wells are entered into the LRP and that the impact of adding artificial lift is understood.
- Maintain a networking relationship with the other unconventional assets in COP. Understand their challenges and strategies for artificial lift and producing their wells from start to abandonment.
- Understand and work on the flow assurance issues for the Montney field, involving wax, asphaltenes, and solids production.
- Work closely with the asset and operations teams to optimize production, operating costs and execute capital programs in a safe and efficient manner.
- Monitor, interpret, and optimize existing well production.
- Own and implement the Montney artificial lift plan.
- Review and provide recommendations for inactive wells. Understand the rules for inactive wells from the Oil and Gas Commission and ensure the property is in compliance.
- Monitor business performance through economic evaluations for operating capital and expense projects, optimization of production, lease operating expenses, and direct operating efficiency.
- Provide engineering support for business unit initiatives and studies.
- Engineering Degree
- Minimum 8 years of industry experience and 5 years of related experience
- Strong understanding of production engineering skills
- Ability to travel approximately 15% each year within the asset area to visit field operations personnel and attend field meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to be an indirect safety leader in the team.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada on a regular full-time basis without restrictions.
- 5 years of related experience with gas lift expertise
- Experience with production and optimization of unconventional gas and oil reservoirs
- Good communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work well within multi-discipline teams in the office and field environments.
- Demonstrated ability to partner collaboratively and think strategically.
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of March 15, 2023.
Current employees: Please ensure you have discussed your intent to apply with your current supervisor prior to applying for any internal position.
For information on our Sustainable Development performance in Canada, visit www.cpcsustainability.ca
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.conocophillips.com.
Be the first to comment