Occidental is an international energy company with assets primarily in the United States, Middle East and North Africa. We are one of the largest oil producers in the U.S., including a leading producer in the Permian and DJ basins, and offshore Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit oxy.com for more information.
Our greatest asset has been, and will continue to be, our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Production Tech in our US Onshore Resources & Carbon Management (ORCM), Delaware Basin Business Unit based in Carlsbad, New Mexico.
This position is responsible for oil and gas well operations, well testing, operating and maintaining field equipment and facilities, surveillance of general field operations and maintenance of various databases regarding production and operations. Non-scheduled call-outs outside normal business hours can be expected. Types of well include flowing, beam pump (with electronic pump-off controller), plunger lift, gas lift, ESP’s, water injection and water disposal. Database used for field entry is Evin. Surveillance databases used are Graphworx, Pi-Vision, Carte, & Nexus. Types of facilities and equipment include production tank batteries, VRT’s (Vapor Recovery Towers), VRU’s (Vapor Recovery Units), VCU’s (Vapor Combustion Units), Production Separators, Inline Heaters, Flare System, Heater Treaters, Gun Barrels, recycle/transfer pumps, flowlines, AWT (Automatic Well Tester), LACT (lease automatic custody transfer) facilities, water injection plants, natural gas compression, cathodic protection and metering devices (electronic gas measurement and others). SAP program is utilized for all work order notifications. Job is to be performed employing safe work practices while utilizing acceptable environmental procedures to maximize earnings while minimizing costs on assigned oil and gas producing properties.
- Valid Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record
- Proficient in the use of personal computer utilizing a MS Windows environment
- General mechanical troubleshooting and repair skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as by self without direct supervision
- Technical skills related to math and analytical processes
- Strong initiative and self-starter
- Multi-task orientation with skills related to work prioritization
- Understanding of business fundamentals
- Understanding of importance of environmental and safe work practices
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Some college or technical training a plus
- 3+ years oil and gas industry experience preferred
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
– Production Ops
– United States-New Mexico-Carlsbad
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.