Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
Petrofac is looking to recruit a Production Technician to join our team based on a 3/3 rotation.
JOB TITLE: PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN
- Monitor and operate all equipment controlled from the CCR including the DCS and Fire & Gas Panel.
- Detect, identify and react to abnormal conditions that may develop into emergency situations.
- Maintain high standard of housekeeping in areas of responsibility and platform in general.
- Identify variations in production plant performance and effectively address each situation.
- Properly document and accurately report all operational readings, adjustments, and inspections.
- Prepare all permits for designated areas of responsibility.
- Train apprentices/trainees.
- Undertake training as offered by the company to expand his or her area of competency.
- Comprehensive written and verbal handovers.
- Assists in ensuring the integrity of the installation Permit to Work System from a Production perspective.
- Adheres to relevant systems and procedures and contributes to their review and improvement. Complies with the standards in place at the facility or area to which they have been assigned.
- Assists in the management of any emergency situation, which may arise offshore in accordance with Company Emergency Response Procedures and performs nominated tasks in the Emergency Response team.
- Participates in HAZOP’s.
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Apply Health, Safety and Environment Policy and Safety Management Systems.
- Performs all safety checks and process isolations. Drain, purge as required. Monitor safety in all plant areas.
- Isolates, secures and operates plant systems during emergencies as directed and remain mobilized to assist start up as required.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Formal Trade qualification advantageous.
- Petroleum Open Learning advantageous.
- NVQ II / III in Processing Hydrocarbons (or similar).
- Offshore experience.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.