Production Technician (Bakken)
Seeking an energetic, highly motivated, self-driven, detail oriented individual to fill a Production Technician role based in North Dakota. This position is responsible for the overall coordination of downhole well activities, along with monitoring all aspects of pattern performance. Works collaboratively to maximize production, from every wellbore through thorough review analysis and action, while controlling cost, and minimizing downtime in a safe, clean and responsible manner. This position offers a flexible (5-2) work schedule, with occasional after hour calls with an on- call weekend rotation schedule.
- Maximize production from every wellbore in the asset
- Monitor and analyze daily well performance, utilizing Foresite, Scada, Wellview and Spotfire
- Program and assist the troubleshooting of RTU’s
- Collect failure data and make artificial lift recommendations
- Assist with well repair procedures
- Witness artificial lift equipment teardowns as necessary
- Reliability and maintenance of artificial lift systems
- Prepare and participate in failure analysis meetings
- Attend weekly staff meetings and lead technical projects to completion as necessary
- Assist in artificial lift installs and start-ups
- Pursue new technology and applications associated with well optimization
- Assist/Cross train with other departments as required
- Provide training/instruction on software/ALS when necessary
- Assist in work over operations, (willing to be well control certified)
- Liaison between production engineers and operators/field personnel
- Mentor new hires and fellow co-workers in a professional manner
- Gather fluid levels, assist operators in troubleshooting production losses
- Share findings with co-workers in and outside of the asset
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: 3+ years industry related, preferred
Computer Skills: (willing to learn) Foresite, Rodstar, Spotfire, Wellview, Evin, Echometer, Microsoft Office products,
Other Skills: Must possess excellent communication, teamwork, planning and organizational skills
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you’re a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You’ll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || New Town || ND || United States (US) || SF:LI; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Field and Drilling Operations || Not Applicable || || 31406 ||
Nearest Major Market: North Dakota
Plant, Production Manager, Gas, Gas Technician, ERP, Manufacturing, Energy, Technology
To apply for this job please visit careers.marathonoil.com.